PDA

View Full Version : Planting trout in our lakes

Scott V
07-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I came across this in an article in a sierra newspaper.

"The Department of Fish and Game has been hard at work getting the Environmental Impact Reports finished to allow trout planting at many of the most popular fishing areas in the Sierra, including many bodies of water in the Truckee area.

These reports have been mandated by out-of-state environmental groups who instigated a lawsuit to halt the planting of trout until environmental reviews were performed on the waters of the state."

Is this why they stopped planting in so many lakes in California, because of an out of state group? I had not heard this before when they stopped planting in a lot of the lakes.

Mike R
07-21-2009, 03:50 PM
The group that filed the suit, the Center for Biological Diversity, is based out of Arizona. However, they have offices all over the country, including in SF. So technically, they are an out of state group. One more thing...to clarify: the reports are mandated by a court, the CBD filed the lawsuit. I'm really don't want to go down this road again, but there is some intersting history behind all this.

Mike