PDA

View Full Version : Peacock Bass in Brazil's Amazon drainage

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks to the guys at the Reno Fly Shop we have been going to the Amazon for several years now.

Andy Guibord, Jim Christensen and Keith Kaneko at our shop have been there if you need any advise on planning a trip.

It is November through February but many prefer after the first of the year for lower, cleaner water.

We have 2 spots open in out trip on January 15-24, 2010 with host Keith Kaneko.

http://www.anglingonthefly.com/Hosted%20Trips/6460BBD6-8F24-46BF-86ED-46122ACB1070.html

Rob Anderson @ the Reno Fly Shop still has 2 spots on his trip next February.

Andy Guibord said he would return every year if possible as it is the best fly fishing trip he has ever been on.

Bull_Dog
07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks Bill,

I have been 5 times. It is without a doubt the most fun you can have with a fly rod in your hand. The outfitter we both use is the best one down there everything considered. With the help of Andy Burk we have mastered the techniques to catch bigger fish than the conventional boys. (and three times as many). It is way cheaper than going to Alaska and no bugs! I hope you have a great time down there and I will send you some flies. I do have two spots available. Very rare.

Good Luck Bill see you soon.

Rob

Chris Evison
07-22-2009, 12:47 PM
I can only afford to go once every 5 years. If I could I would go for 2 trips a year to the Amazon. This place is amazing! If you have the means go! The opportunity for big Peacock Bass and any of 15-20 other species you might land. Last time down I added 11 fish to my species list. The other way I see it is why go travel to the ends of the world to chase big trout that we have in our backyards. I'd rather chase fish that I can't catch in the U.S. Although, I do understand the allure of catching anything in a far away place!