PDA

View Full Version : Joe Kimsey in hospital

Bjorn
07-16-2009, 08:41 PM
FYI, just read on the Trout Underground that Joe Kimsey is in the hospital and may have had a stroke. He's be a mainstay up in Dunsmuir at the Ted Fay shop for longer than I've been alive.

http://tiny.cc/n6DLB

B-

Darian
07-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us. Joe is a person I always look forward to seeing and talking to at the tying areas of the fly fishing shows. Always in good humor. I've always tried to keep up with his new patterns for that area and have a collection of his and Ted Fays flies. 8-)

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Fish are waitin'.... :nod:

Frank Alessio
07-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Glad to hear Joe is getting out of joint soon. He is a fine person...

k.hanley
07-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Scary stuff indeed. Good solid guy. A real part of our California FF heritage. In my thoughts and prayers.
Cheers, Ken

troutbm
07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
About 3 years ago when I was somewhat new to the flyfishing world I was fishing the upper sac. alone for a few days and was having a bit of a hard time. So I drug myself into ted fayes, This was tough to do because I am hard headed and insist on figuring things out on my own. Anyways I asked Joe to pull me a dozen fly's and asked for advice, The guy took me aside and gave me about a 15 minute lecture on nymphing the upper sac. It is a conversation that I will never forget. Indeed a fine man.