PDA

View Full Version : Putah creek

djwattswatts
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Going to Putah in the mourning, going to be using a sink tip line with 4X tippet and attached to it 6X, well post how the day went when i get back.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Most use something like 3x or even heavier on a sinking line in moving water.

djwattswatts
07-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry everyone for not posting this yesterday like i said i was going to. So the water was pretty fast it was at 600 CFS i did catch i first fish there at the creek \\:D/ it was a 3 or 4 inch rainbow trout :) i did not even know it was on my line i just added a second slip shot on and was looking to see how it was doing and was just getting ready to cast as i pulled the line out of the water i seen a fish on there. Then i came back home to the AR look in stripes for that.

PS. Bill thanks for that inside maybe when i come by the shop if you have time you can help set me up with the right set up. i was using what i posted about last time 5.6 PSI sink tip then switched to a leader and 2 slip shoots.

troutbm
07-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Float tube the slow sections ! Don't need no sink tip man. Heres some putah fish I caught not to long ago. Hope it works this would be my first attempt at posting a pic here. These are just little guys, The bigboys don't get posted. #20 disco midges on 5 or 6x is what I like on putah.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-20-2009, 09:29 AM
'troutbm' is right on the money here.

It is time to float the flat water in the lower reaches of Putah Creek and down in Lake Solano too.

I know that fish are usually rising in the AM and PM but we found mid-day Callibaetis hatches in the "old days".

Floating in the big pools in Putah Creek and Lake Solano is something that is kind of overlooked.

Rockman
07-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I have never floated the lake and it has been way to long since I fished Putah,
Can anyone give me advice as to where to launch my 8' pontoon at Lake Solano?
I like fishing big flies, any advice on other flies to have on hand:-k
Thanks!!!!!!

Rockman