PDA

View Full Version : New Cortland lines

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-09-2009, 07:59 AM
We have the new Cortland Precision Western Drifter weight forward floating line now.

Jason Hartwick cast one with one of the Cortland development team members and said it was a great line for bigger Western water for big trout and Steelhead.

We carry the Classic Cortland Clear Camo which is one of the top selling slow sinking clear lake lines but they also have a newer Cortland Precision Clear Camo line which has a superior new finish so it will cast better.

fishwater
08-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Bill: I just got a small nick in my brand new Cortland Precision. Any tips on fixin' her up? It is a tiny, triangular "flap" of coating that's been created; maybe 2mm on a side...just enough to feel funny.

David Lee
08-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Bill: I just got a small nick in my brand new Cortland Precision. Any tips on fixin' her up? It is a tiny, triangular "flap" of coating that's been created; maybe 2mm on a side...just enough to feel funny.

Aquaseal thinned w/ cottol-whatever-the-number (they are sold together) .

D.~

shawn kempkes
08-24-2009, 09:21 AM

Take it back to the shop you bought it at and exchange it. Unless you got it by stepping on it while wearing korkers a line should't do that. It's probably defective coating

wjorg
08-25-2009, 07:40 AM
So I bought the clear floater which dosent float and is a slow sinkin line. They have those defective nicks in the coating shawn referred to.

Maybe Jason H or Bill can tell me if the memory problems with this line have been fixed. The line has waves of memory in it so bad(from being on a spool!!) it will NEVER lie straight, so when I strip it in it spins in the water(bicycle pedal effect) and creates twist in the running line. BAD! I will love this line when that is fixed....

wjorg
08-26-2009, 09:20 AM
bueller.....bueller.....anybody?

Jason?

wjorg
08-31-2009, 09:53 PM
...who is the Cortland Rep, who can I ask if this is fixed. My line was one of the first batches as far as I know...

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Area Cortland Rep = Dan Leitchy's email address:

wpines@sbcglobal.com

wjorg
09-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks Bill, I will let you all know what I hear. I am excited for this product to be refined.