PDA

View Full Version : anything going on

djwattswatts
07-09-2009, 05:07 AM
So is anybody been out in the AR ? anybody fishing with these flow up so high ?

paulegan81
07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
I have been fishing the lower/lower out of my boat and the fishing has been great!!!
slowest day of the week yesterday we put about 15 fish to the boat with only about 6 of them dinks and the big one going 6+ lbs.....
the two days prior we put well over 40 fish a day in the boat with a good mix of squezers and schoolies most in the 14-19" range a few smaller ones and and some to 8#'s
we have been fishing from about 3pm till dark with a little top water action just before you cant see anything......
last night Mel had a 4-5#'er just crush a pink bubble head:eek::eek: but we couldn't get it to the boat...#-o
The hot fly has been the Super minnow ("Eganator") size #1 in chartruse/white with lots of flash.
with Bisharat's (SP) sorry Charlie small Air head in gray coming in a close second
most fish have been holding a little deeper
we have had the best luck casting to the bank counting down 5-10 giving it about 5-8 good hard strips then counting down again... most fish come on the next strip...... they have been taking it on the drop so they have been eating it deep...... pinch your barbs for easy release or use circle hooks please........
oh yea one last thing.. some one (I won't give his name out):lol::lol:
got lazy catching smaller fish and didn't check his knot..........
then came the grab of the week........ the fish ran up streem riping line through his hand and got to the reel he tightened the drag and put the wood to her and "POP"... by the way it took line I would guess it was 12-15#'s or more.... so if some one get's a nice striper with a super minnow in it's mouth I would like the fly back....:lol::lol:
that is why I love the waters I fish one cast 12"er next cast 12#er:unibrow::unibrow:

Scott V
07-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Good to hear there are some nice fish in the "A", good going Paul. Any pictures?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Great Paul...........that lower lower river fascinates me. I think more of us need to fish it more.

I guess you are launching at Discovery Park?

As far as the $$$ goes the lower American River is the best bang for the buck around these parts.

Get a boat and get out there.

paulegan81
07-09-2009, 07:53 AM
no picks i have been really lazy with the camera......:-k:-k
but you could come out with me and take some picks of me landing a bunch of big fish....:lol::lol::lol::lol:
this would be a good time for your to up grade your big striper......:nod::nod:

paulegan81
07-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Bill
yes I am launching a discovery

and the location is great also.
after work (for me right now that is dishes and folding laundry)
hook the boat up jump in the truck and in less than 45 min I can be casting to some great fish.....

as for the boat I have one
and I have the time
Just need someone to put gas in it.........

Any takers???

Scott V
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Bill
yes I am launching a discovery

and the location is great also.
after work (for me right now that is dishes and folding laundry)
hook the boat up jump in the truck and in less than 45 min I can be casting to some great fish.....

as for the boat I have one
and I have the time
Just need someone to put gas in it.........

Any takers???

We'll talk tonight, you know I am itching to catch some stripers. If you are not going toinight let me know.

paulegan81
07-09-2009, 08:54 AM
not fishing tonight going to the
Granite Bay Flycasters MTG.
at the Granite Bay entrance to folsom lake....
the Mtg. starts at 7pm everyone is invited to come check out our club...
no entry fee is needed just tell the guard at the gate you are going to the flycasters mtg...
I think Bill Carrnozo is going to be our speaker tonight.....
after fishing reports:D:^o:^o:-\" and snaks

Mike Churchill
07-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Paul,

I'm going to hit it Saturday morning fairly early (on the water by 6:00 or so) in my small boat. Let me know if you and Robin are going to be out there.

Mike

djwattswatts
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey thanks for posting, glad to know people are catching fish, guess i need to wait tell the river lowers before any luck with wadding out in the water no access to a boat.