PDA

View Full Version : Fuller Lake

jrief
07-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Spent a few hours yesterday at Fuller Lake. Just started tying flies so I had to test out my Sheeps Creek Specials. Started fishing about 3:00 p.m. on the North side of the lake and had the water to myself. Only saw one other float tuber and he was using black sheeps creeks. Weather was cool for July and the water level was high. Plenty of flow coming into the lake. I was pleasantly surprised when my first cast got a couple quick strikes. Managed to land 8 browns all around the 12" range and one rainbow. All of them fought well and looked really healthy. Took a few pics and if I can figure out how to post them will put them on soon.

Scott V
07-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Fishing at Fuller right now is insane, they plant that lake with so many fish that a 30-40 fish day is very easy to achieve. My hot fly there is an olive wiggle tail stripped in real fast.

Glad to see others getting there and having good success.

SHigSpeed
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Fishing at Fuller right now is insane, they plant that lake with so many fish that a 30-40 fish day is very easy to achieve. My hot fly there is an olive wiggle tail stripped in real fast.

Glad to see others getting there and having good success.

For sure real fast. Those shooling planters get aggressive when they think "the other guy" might get that moving thing. I don't think they hit to eat as it's BAM and GONE!

And for sure real fast, cuz my elbow is starting to twinge again. Not tennis elbow, strippers elbow!

_SHig

wineslob
07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone go up to Blue Lake from Fuller? The last time I was there the bow's were sipping flying ants off the surface and those boys are a bit bigger than the fish in Fuller. :smile:

SHigSpeed
07-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Only Blue Lake I know of is off Hwy 88. Where is this other one of which you speak?

_SHig

Rockman
07-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Blue Lake is further up the road from Fuller, I have also caught some nice smallmouth in Blue Lake. Its a nice scenic lake that does not get the fishing pressure that Fuller gets.

Rockman

Mrs.Finsallaround
07-10-2009, 05:17 PM
And for sure real fast, cuz my elbow is starting to twinge again. Not tennis elbow, strippers elbow!

_SHig

Me too, Shig.... :unibrow:

SHigSpeed
07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Me too, Shig.... :unibrow:

Though isn't yours more "stripers" elbow? ;)

_SHig

CapitalFishr
07-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Blue lake it on the same road as Rucker... it does get a little rougher as you go along. I know they drained it a few years ago... I haven't been since. Its a fairly deep lake in spots

wineslob
07-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Only Blue Lake I know of is off Hwy 88. Where is this other one of which you speak?

_SHig

As Rockman mentioned, it's up above Fuller. The last time I was there the road was 4X4, but things change rather rapidly in the area.
When I was there last, I think it was a Mother's Day weekend, you could watch bow's from 15"-20"+ sucking down the ants.
If it was drained..........................bummer. :(