PDA

View Full Version : Week of 6/29 Ar Report

Jeff C.
07-06-2009, 11:57 AM
There are still shad in the A. but more spawned out fish are being caught. The flows have been errratic. Yesterday afternoon it was all over the place and it put the damper on a pretty consisent bite. It's up to 5700 cfs today. The days have been slow this past holiday weekend but the evenings are still decent. Get it while you can because they will be heading back to the ocean soon. It might last until the end of this month but I think that may be optomistic.

Forelle
07-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Dared the crowds on the river Friday 7/3. Surprisingly the river was quiet, much quieter than last weekend!?! Caught a few fish in the AM, knocked off in the afternoon and found slow action in the evening. The flows were up around 5000-5500, but the clarity was still good. Just looked and the flows are all over the place. I might be packing it in for the season......

Jeff C.
07-07-2009, 09:31 AM
They are still screwing with the flows!! It was up to 5700 cfs yesterday morning and was dropped to 4500 cfs in the afternoon and evening. Now it is back up to 5000 cfs. Not many people out fishing last night. I tried swinging an EHC on a floating line during the last 20 minutes. No takers but I did manage to get 12 before I switched lines.

SHigSpeed
07-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the constant updates. Still trying to get some time to close this season out!

_SHig

Charlie Gonzales
07-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Jeff...I have been doing better dead drifting the caddis rather than skating them.