PDA

View Full Version : Agency/Klamath Lake

Langenbeck
07-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Yesterday went with my neighbor and his potato famer friend from Klamath Falls. A warm day with a light breeze. A true red letter day as we hooked 19 and landed 14, 3 of the landed taken wind drifting leeches and the other 11 fishing chironomids. Used both red and zebra midges but the red was the preferred color.
I was forturnate to land 8 of 8, 6, 5, 4, 4 pounds plus three fish of 13-16"s. Water temperature was 72. Here is the 8 pound fish taken wind drifting on a black/maroon leech.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gordonl/AgencyLake86-30-09.jpg

Dabalone
07-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice! If the water is already 72 this early in the summer, how warm does that lake get?

Langenbeck
07-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I have seen it as high as 77 degrees in late July. Then you look for springs or creeks flowing into the lake.

SHigSpeed
07-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Good golly! How do you target the fish in the lake? Fish finder? Weeds? I love stillwater fly fishing, but I really need a chiro-mentor. It's mostly been stripping and kick-trolling for me until now...

Those aren't trout, they're STEELHEAD!!

_SHig

gene goss
07-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Klamath Lake is 25 miles long with an average depth of 7 ft.....hatchery fish are unable to survive in Klamath Lake sooooo all the trout have been reproduce naturally in the Wood River and Williamson River and are Redband trout....I think....there's a hex hatch coming off on the Williamson River right now with lots of big fish in the river.....some of these fish are up to 10-15 lbs....but the catching isn't easy. This is Denny Rickards home waters and he has several books on fishing this water. This is my favored place to fish with my personal best wilded trout of 8.3 lbs.