PDA

View Full Version : Caples Lake info...........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
For immediate release: June 25, 2009 Trophy fish released into Caples Lake, Placerville, CA…

The California Department of Fish and Game also released 2,000 pounds of catchable brook trout into the lake on Wednesday.

The releases are part of an extensive fish restocking program approved by Fish and Game and funded by El Dorado Irrigation District (district). The goal is re-establishment of the sport fishery in Caples Lake following the draw-down of the lake level in 2008 so that emergency repairs to the main dam’s outlet works could be completed.

Chaulk Mound Trout Ranch in Bridgeport, Nebraska, supplied the trophy-sized rainbows under a contract with the district.

Restocking began with delivery of catchable rainbow, brown, and brook trout by Fish and Game the week before Memorial Day. The district will continue to stock the lake through September of this year under an agreement with a private hatchery and in cooperation with Fish and Game.

* * * * *For more information, contact Deanne Kloepfer at 530-622-4513.

Approximately 1,500 trophy-sized rainbow trout—totaling 9,000 pounds—were delivered to Caples Lake on Wednesday, June 24. The average fish weight was 6 pounds, with some fish weighing up to 15 pounds.

SHigSpeed
06-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Ooohh... 15 lbs!? I'll be in SLT this weekend. Guess I'll have to check out Caples no? :)

_SHig

Spencer44
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I fished the W. Carson yesterday and stopped by Caples on the way out, right around dusk. Only fished there about 30 minutes and no strikes for me and anyone else I spoke to. I did however see many 5-6 pounders surfacing and lurking around close to the shore on the west side of the lake.

Spencer