PDA

View Full Version : Another one of the Great Generation passes

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Sevy was a wonderful person who enjoyed life and had lots of friends, especially in the fly fishing community around Sacramento.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Sevarino M. "Sevy" Cimaroli, born February 13, 1922 in Pocatello, ID, passed away suddenly June 14, 2009 in Folsom, CA at the age of 87.

Sevy is survived by his loving wife of 60 years, Neva Cimaroli, sister, Felomena Bush of Folsom, aunt, Antonelle Decetis of Carmichael and Sisters-In-Law, Irene Harris and Vonda Morris of Folsom and Dorothy Morris of Idaho. He is also survived by many cherished nieces, nephews and cousins.

Sevy spent most of his youth living in Sacramento and was a graduate of McClatchy High and attended Westminster College in Maryland. He served in the Army Air Force during World War II. He retired in 1995 after 30 years as the owner of Spotless Dry Cleaners.
Sevy was Co-Owner of Pinebrook Village, a Senior Manufactured Home Park in Folsom. A long with his wife Neva and her late brother, Dale Morris, the entire "family partnership" worked as hands-on developers of the beautiful facility you see today.

Retirement brought time for numerous new interests. An avid outdoorsman. An favorite destination was South America. Sevy made many trips to the Amazon, the last one in early 2009.

In addition to outdoor activities, Sevy enjoyed participating in Pinebrook Village activities. He could always be counted on to sing, dance or act in the park's theatrical productions. He was a valued member of the Pinebrook Singers group as well as being a "Pinebrook Clown". He loved to bowl with the Pinebrook Village team and SIR's teams.

Sevy's skills at building and woodworking are legend among his friends and family. Anything from beautiful large bookcases to simple frames were always completed with wonderful craftsmanship. Sevy later in life discovered woodcarving. He had a natural talent and created beautiful, show-quality pieces almost from the start.

For over thirty years, Sevy and his wife Neva have been committed to the mission of the Sisters of Mercy as well as the enhancement of the Folsom community as a whole. Their dedication, strength and caring touched many lives in a very positive way.

Sevy's large circle of friends, family and all who knew him will miss his kindness, humanity, and always-ready smile.

A memorial service was held Sunday, June 21, 2009 at Pinebrook Village.

Remembrances in his honor may be sent to Mercy Foundation, 3400 Data Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670.

Published in the Gold Country Media Newspapers on 6/24/2009

Langenbeck
06-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Seve was an absolutely wonderful guy and could have bought and sold us many, many times over but was always his cheerful, humble self. We have lots a great guy. May Seve RIP

Don Powell
06-25-2009, 10:13 PM
As I grew to know Sevy, I marveled at what an unassuming and unpretentious man he was...

He lived life as the rest of us can only attempt to do. If, in some small measure we succeed, the world will be a better place.

jerry from sac
06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
I was very much saddened about the passing of 'Sevy'. He was one of the really great guys around. I wished I could have fished more with him.
-
- jerry