PDA

View Full Version : New TFO Bob Clouser fly rods

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Press Release:

June 22, 2009

TFO to introduce “The Clouser” Fly Rod

Casting heavily weighted flies presents a challenge to many modern fly rod actions. For years I have been looking for a multi-species fly rod that puts “the ease” in casting weighted flies and sinking fly lines. The fly rod designers at Temple Fork Outfitters answered this challenge by developing The Clouser Series of Fly Rods.

By no means a single species fly rod; I have caught many species of fresh and saltwater fish with ease on these prototypes. Anglers that use weighted flies or split shot should find this series ideal, dry fly fishers will also benefit from the rods ability to deliver tight loops and specialty casts required to present the fly. The eight foot nine inch length enables the design to perform as expected; light in the hand and super sensitive…I like to say, “I can feel them breathing on the fly as they inhale it”.

Although not car door or tailgate proof, the TiCr coating in the finish that helps protect the rod from collisions with hooks, weighted flies. The attractive blue blank is easy on the eyes as are the three burled cork rings included on the grips; which has the added benefit of preventing wear from many hours of use. Hook keepers have been added and Lefty’s color coded alignment dot system allows for easy line size recognition. The four-piece design makes transportation easy.

I thank Temple Fork Outfitters for their outstanding job in developing this series of fly rods. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Bob Clouser

Thank you, Bob, for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm…both appear to be limitless.

The Clouser series will be introduced this summer as part of the TiCrX family of rods. Available in weights 5 – 9 with retail prices of $224.95 and $249.95. All TFO rods feature an unconditional lifetime warranty. Simply return the damaged rod with $25 for shipping and handling, and we will repair or replace your rod. For more information about The Clouser rods or any of our other fine products contact your local TFO dealer or visit our website at www.templeforkflyrods.com.

Jim Shulin
Temple Fork Outfitters
8115 Sovereign Row
Dallas, TX 75247
(800) 638-9052 Ph
(214) 638-8143 Fax
jim@templeforkflyrods.com
www.templeforkflyrods.com

Darrin.Deel
06-23-2009, 08:27 AM
but that might take the fun out of chuck n' duck

kingfisher
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
WOW can't wait to see what this rod can do......Does anyone knows when this rod will be out on the market..?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Some time soon....in July?................. I think.

kingfisher
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks BIll, that rod will be on my new shopping list for fly fishing.....I'm thinking about a 9wt for stripers.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I just got more details on them:

They will all be 4 piece and all will be 8'9" long.

They are part of the great TiCrX series too.

#5 to #9 line sizes.

We should have them soon.

coolrivertx
08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
We have the 7 here at the shop (Austin, TX) for a demo. Ted and I put 24' of T14 spliced to an Airflo Intermediate running line on it. It had no problem lauching that setup, and still feels crisp in the hand! It should be a good series for TFO.