PDA

View Full Version : Week of 6/15 AR Report

Jeff C.
06-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Been going out in the evenings for a couple of hours every day after work and have been doing well during the last hour of light. I know that they are in there during the day but they seem to have lock jaw in bright sunny conditions where I've been fishing but there are still places in the river where you can get into them during the day. The flow increases over Thursday and Friday nites caused the shad to scatter again especially in the Upper river. They should be settling in, but you just have to find them. I know that some people will sit on one spot and not move or vary their persentation and not do very well. Sometimes just moving a few feet, varying the length of your cast, changing your sink rate, or your fly pattern will make a big difference. Other times, you have to jump in your car and drive to another part of the river.

Jeff C.

BTW, Broke the 500 mark this past weekend but I'm still about a hundred behind Bruce.

Scott V
06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Your an animal Jeff. I hope to make it out on Wednesday.

Jeff C.
06-22-2009, 12:18 PM
That area you fished last week must have been good because a friend of mine told me that he caught 20 in the middle of the day a little higher up before the flows were bumper up.. I don't know how well it will fish with the higher flows. There were no drift boats out last night and Bob Sparre was up high in the upper hole.

Scott V
06-22-2009, 12:47 PM
If I make it back out I will be at the same spot.

Jeff C.
06-22-2009, 03:43 PM
The flows are going up again on Wednesday to 3500 cfs. Looks like the shad will be shifted around again.

SHigSpeed
06-22-2009, 05:12 PM
The flows are going up again on Wednesday to 3500 cfs. Looks like the shad will be shifted around again.

Jeez, tough to keep up...

I'll have to hit it tomorrow afternoon to make the most of the current stable period...

_SHig