PDA

View Full Version : Cross-country FF trip on Motorcycle

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-19-2009, 10:09 PM
I found this interesting post on Dan Blanton's BB:
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Posted by Jeff LeVan on 2009-06-19 18:00:04

Hello all,

So I quit my job to take a fishing trip. It's been a life goal of mine for a while to take a cross country motorcycle fishing trip and I figure that if you wait until circumstances are perfect than you will never get stuff done... so I just figured that now is as good of a time as any.

I am going to take this opportunity to fish all of the places that I have always wanted to go to but never have. I am looking for suggestions for any can't miss places to go.

I am planning to head out to North Carolina first and then work my way north and west. I am going to end up in Oregon where I plan to fish some cool rivers like the Owyhee. The trip is going to be from late June through July. I am bringing my fly rod with me. I am planning on doing mostly fly fishing but I love all types of fishing.

The reason that I am posting this is because I am working with a tight budget. I can't afford expensive guides and hotel rooms. I am hoping to find some people to meet up with to fish at the places I go, and would love it if you would be willing to put me up for a night. If you or anyone else you know might want to meet up for some fishing or put me up for a night please let me know :)

Just email me if you're interested

jefflevan44@gmail.com

I am super low maintanence and would just put my sleeping bag on your floor or crash on your couch or something.

I am going to blog about my journey on

www.fishingrecreation.com

in case you're interested in seeing how my journey goes.

Thanks,

Jeff