PDA

View Full Version : fly tying/fly fishing equipment donation

luckyt
06-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I am looking for a youth fly fishing and fly tying group to donate a considerable amout of fly tying equipment, rods and reels (not high end) to a deserving organized group of young boys and girls.

A fellow flyfisherman recently passed away and his wife has asked me to try and find a youth group to donate most of his eqipment to. Within the next several days I will also be posting in the classifieds, (this bulletin board) large items for sale like pontoon boats, electric motors and portable fishing graphs.

The tying equipment includes several plastic storage boxes of hooks, weights, feathers, hair, thread, Nor vise, tying bench, light, tying tools, 3 rods, 2 rod cases, completed flies and tying work station. This is a very large inventory perfect for a tying/fishing club.

Please e-mail me if you know of any groups or call Tom at (916) 791-7212. I can deliver the equipment if local.

slimfishin's
06-19-2009, 07:05 PM
You might think about Junipero Serra High School in San Mateo. They have an angler's club that has been showing high school kids how to fly fish for probably 20 years. Many good anglers have been a product of that program.

Send me a PM if you want more information and I can get you in touch.

Cheers!

Charlie S
06-20-2009, 09:08 AM
You might also consider Healing Waters program for disabled vets that recently got a start.

luckyt
06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Thank you for the suggestions...Project Healing Waters is taking it all. They sure seem to be a squared away organization...Tom

Dabalone
06-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Sounds like it is going to a very worthy cause, good job!