PDA

View Full Version : Scott Rod Repairs

BillyB
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I got one of my Scott Rods back from the company today. I estimate less than 2 and a half weeks since Scott received it. It broke last month on the Truckee. A friend cast his rod into mine and the tip snapped. This is third time I've had excellent service from Scott. Gotta love American made rods and service.

slimfishin's
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I've been fishing Scott rods for many seasons. They make a great rod and I have had excellent service from them. Their repairs are top notch, even if it might take a little longer. That is a pretty good turn around time for them. I wish they had a bigger market share than those other guys!

Darrin.Deel
06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah I just received a rod back in about 3 and a half weeks. Very pleased with the work done on the rod. Great job, Scott Rods.

jbird
06-20-2009, 07:12 AM
hmmmm. sounds like Scott is improving their customer service. Used to be, for every 1 guy who had a good experience with Scott, 20 had a bad one. As much as I love their rods, I dread breaking mine again, Ive had some horrible experiences with em.

Darrin.Deel
06-20-2009, 08:36 AM
I heaerd about a year ago the turn around was over 3 months for a repair, but they got it together now!

Adam Grace
06-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Ya, when I worked for Kiene's Scott's turn around time was poor but now they seem to have greatly improved their repair service. Even though I knew of their longer repair time when I bought all of mine I still bought them due to their great rods. I really enjoy every scott rod that I own and fish.

My favorite 2 are my:

8'8" 3pc 4wt G-Series rod - Perfect for the majority of my trout fishing

12'8" 3pc 7wt Arc Spey rod - perfect for my Northern Callifornia Steelhead fishing

I am happy to hear about their repair service improving.

Yay American made rods!

Willisbrow
06-27-2009, 11:49 PM
i had a scott s3 9'6" 6wt which i broke on the trinity a few years back. I sent the rod back the next april and didnt get it back till that october. I called them a few times during that 6 month period the 1st time i called them they couldnt even find the rod =[. then they told me they didnt have the graphite to make a new blank...... the S3 was a nice casting and fishing rod but i sold it and i dont think ill ever fish another scott. Sage rods are nicer and i never had any problems with their warrenty