PDA

View Full Version : Indian Food....

Darian
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
If you're a person who likes Indian food (as I and my fishin' partner are....), the next time you're in Yuba City and looking for a place to eat try the STAR OF INDIA. Great food. Spicy curry's, Naan bread, Chicken or Beef kabobs, spicy Pakora (hope that's right) and many vegetable dishes. Good beer (according to my fishin' partner). Dinner cost for 4 adults was approx. $70.00. It's a little off the beaten track in a business office area but can be located by asking a local or from a map. :cool:

cgeiser
06-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Wow, great topic! Seriously. I haven't had the time to explore here in Sac. Anyone have a favorite, reasonably priced Indian restaurant here in Sac? The closer to downtown/ midtown the better.

Thanks

Che

Darian
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
There used to be a good Indian Restaurant located on the north side, near the corner of 8th/J Streets. Can't recall the name of it, tho. As I recall, it was open for lunches but not sure about dinners. It's been several years since I ate there as I don't frequent that part of town since I retired.... :confused: :confused:

medfly
07-02-2009, 04:00 PM
kathmandu on broadway near 19th, sooo delicious

SLOwag
10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Bump for indian food in Chico, CA. I ate at Priya on Mangrove last month and it did not disappoint.

Gregg Machel
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Star of India is in Sacramento too:

8121 Madison Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628-3701
(916) 967-1550

They were pretty good, the Naan has my 2 thumbs up! I am pretty sure they had Kingfisher beer (made in India). Not too bad either.

Tony Buzolich
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Hey ? Geiser,

There's another great Indian Restruant in West Sac just off Jefferson Blvd. My son turned me on to it and have been there several times. Seems like I remember a week-end buffet thing and also Indian coffee that was great.(kinda like thai tea only hot)
TONY

Tony Buzolich
10-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I just talked with my son and we're heading there tomarrow. It's called Pooja Indian Grill on Merkley Ave. West sacramento

CapitalFishr
05-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Kaveri's off of Fulton has a great buffet lunch. I actually liked it a little better than Pooja... mainly because I like it spicey. Also Taj Indian next to DMV in Folsom is a great little place, although I think they are moving their location.

Darian
05-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Had dinner about two weeks ago at a place called Merhan on Fair Oaks near Borders book store. Indian/Pakistani food. Very good but not a buffet. It's a sit down dinner place. Good menu and the food is great. The curries are spicy. Yummy!!!! :cool:

Scott V
05-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Do they have entertainment, some Indian places have belly dancers. I am being serious, not trying to be funny.

CapitalFishr
05-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Sure your not thinking about Greek? Maybe I just need to get out more lol.

cgeiser
05-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Wow! I'm glad this thread was revived as a couple good options closer to me have been suggested. Now, for some Shad on the AR followed by a good meal.
Che

Darian
05-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Scott, No entertainment on the night I was there (not a weekend night tho :confused: ). Just great food. :D

CapitalFishr, Not Greek but there's a very good Greek restaurant in University Village at University Ave and Fair Oaks. Great lemon/rice soup, etc. The Metaxa is mind numbingly good.... :D