PDA

View Full Version : TU on the Rise: Episode 8

robdog
06-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Did anyone see this??? I missed it. If you never seen this show, it is hosted by Frank Smethurst & he travels in his Trout Unlimited trailer around the country. He fishes & talks to groups about conservation on the water he fishes on. I saw episode #7, which was at the McCloud. Awesome stuff. Anyway, episode #8 is on the Lil' Truckee. Totally was off my radar. Just curious if anyone else saw it.

Scott V
06-10-2009, 07:28 AM
It is a good show and I have seen that episode. It was neat to see him walking waters that I have been to.

Phil Synhorst
06-10-2009, 08:20 AM
What channel??

Darrin.Deel
06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
its on the outdoor network, I believe. he fishes with mike wier and a few other local dudes. Mikey wier sticks a pig of a brown

Rich Leonetti
06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Did anyone see this??? I missed it. If you never seen this show, it is hosted by Frank Smethurst & he travels in his Trout Unlimited trailer around the country. He fishes & talks to groups about conservation on the water he fishes on. I saw episode #7, which was at the McCloud. Awesome stuff. Anyway, episode #8 is on the Lil' Truckee. Totally was off my radar. Just curious if anyone else saw it.

I almost wish they would make it an hour and incorporate some more, techniques and maybe some tying...but yea It was a great episode. I am not sure of the episode number but there is also a really good one on the McCloud and the issues with Nestle. I would check that one out too.

Phil Synhorst
06-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks Darrin and Jay, I have Direct TV, now I'll just have to pay attention to when the show comes on.

Fochetti
06-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I saw it and it was pretty cool to see them fishing in the exact holes I have fished. The only problem I had with the show is they did not talk about technique, flies, or anything else. It is more on the conservation which is awesome, I love that there is a show about taking care of our rivers. I just wished they gave a little info on how they were catching the fish. Just my opinion though, no need to start a thread about this...