PDA

View Full Version : Headed down to the Delta Wednesday for LMB

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-09-2009, 08:08 AM
My old friend Bob Giannoni (CHP) has invited me to fish with him and Captain Kevin Doran tomorrow, Wednesday, for some top water LMB in the Delta.

I am really excited about this..............

http://www.deltaadventures.com/Home.html

Hairstacker
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Good luck Bill! Should be fun. :D

robdog
06-10-2009, 11:01 PM
I went to my secret spot off of Hwy 12 from about 5 to 8pm. I got two grabs, but I was using light tippet & was promptly broken off. My buddies think I get to excited when I catch them. One thing is for sure, these boys were bigger than what I was catching in the local ponds. :eek:

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-11-2009, 10:11 AM
REPORT????? :unibrow:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Bob hooked one of the largest top water LMB that Kevin has seen in the Delta but lost it.

Here is a picture of Kevin and Bob that tells the story of how cool top water fly fishing for LMB is in the Delta.

Jasonh
06-15-2009, 11:40 PM
I had the pleasure of fishing the delta with KD for topwater LMB the day before Bob and Bill were out. This was my first trip fishing the delta for LMB and it certainly wont be my last. While it was a little tough, managed to land a few really nice fish and lose a huge fish on the same fruit cocktail that is hanging from the mouth of Bob's fish in the previous picture. The LMB set is a little different than the set swinging flies for steelhead!

KD is one heck of a guide. He puts on a great demo at the beginning of the day for first time clients that is truly amazing. Learned more about topwater LMB in the first five minutes than the entire six years of bass fishing when I lived in Texas. Anyone who is interested in topwater Bass needs to book a trip and speed up the learning curve.

One of the highlights of the days had to be fishing KD's Rat on the mats and seeing a few fish explode through the mats to take the fly. Makes your heart skip a beat!

Jason Hartwick