PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Park Questions

Fochetti
06-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I am new to the whole Bass fishing thing, only been a few times. My first experience was a good one, thanks to Scott V. However last night I went out and hooked only two fish in about 5 hours of fishing. Landed one and lost one. The weeds got all over the line and the fish popping the fly out, bummer cause it was big.

Anyways, my main concern was the water clarity there. Is this a normal thing for there to be almost zero visibility? Will it clear up quick? Will bass still take a fly in these conditions?

I tried some subsurface and top water, but the only two fish were on top. Is this a better method to with the water murky because of the noise? Or do I need to get down deeper? Is it worth fishing out there or should I wait until it clears up?

Thanks

Fochetti

Rich Leonetti
06-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Last I heard there was a sewage spill that closed that lake over Memorial day weekend. I didn't know it was back open.

Fochetti
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
They said that the results were negative there is no sewage that got into the lake.

fishngy
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
That is good news because it is one of my favorite lakes! Going to try to spend an evening later this week playing with the bass. Hope to see you there Fochetti. Fishngy

Fochetti
06-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Fishngy,

I went out a couple nights and it was pretty slow, but let me know when you are going and maybe we could meet up and fish together.

fishngy
06-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Pm sent. Yes, lets meet up some evening. I am going to GBF meeting tonight, but will be able to go out and fish next week. Bill