PDA

View Full Version : Back with Eastern Sierra Report 29,30,31

kingfisher
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
It has been awhile since i have made a post.......I decided to hit the Eastern Sierras 29,30,31st with my brother and good friend on a mission to do some trout fishin, because i have been doing SB and LMB fishin lately........On the 29th we fish the east walker......both nymphing and dry fly were both productive but for me it was dry fly.........camp the east walker and fish it the next morning up until 11am it was slow....... then decided to head down south 395 to the upper Owens and hot creek.........The weather was nasty at times.......rain and wind......But no doubt about it, i love fishing in bad weather....i don't know why.......On the UP Owens I was surprise that there were hardly any body there, it was almost like the three of us had the river to ourselves.......i guess the nasty weather was one of the factors why folks didn't come out to fish.......Nymphing wasn't to productive on the UP Owens and Hot creek but i killed on a Dry.........This dry fly produced the majority of all my fishes starting at the east walker and into the UP Owens and Hot creek.............Enjoy:p:p:p:p

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I see more people from Sacramento heading south every summer now.....thanks.

Dave Neal
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Bill, well you know what they say, "The Eastside is the right side"... of the Sierra!!

Glad you had a great trip over the hill, kingfisher! The weather had been absolutely whacky lately...thundershowers for two weeks straight and continuing for another week?

There is a lot of really good fishing right now all over our wonderful state. Hope everyone is out and about.

Locally our runoff has peaked and it's go-time on Hot Creek, E Walker, Upper O, Crowley, Bridgeport Res, and backcountry float tubing lakes. Surprisingly the Lower O has been fishable (flows) and really fun, also.