PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Orvis Fly Fishing Expo @ Kiene's

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
This is our 3rd Annual Orvis Educational Event on Saturday June 13, 2009 - 9am till 3pm

There will be Free Fly Tying, Casting, and Travel Presentations throughout the day.

9:30-10:00 am Beginner Fly Casting with Expert Caster Jeff Putnam.

10:15-10:45 am Fishing the Truckee River with Orvis Endorsed Guide Brian Slusser.

11:00-11:30 am Fly fishing Northern California with Orvis Endorsed Guide Service, Eagle Creek Guide Service.

12:00-12:30 am Hutch Hutchinson presents "Fixing your buddy's casting faults."

1:00-1:30 pm Fishing Colorado's Best Trout Water with Orvis Endorsed Guide Capt. Matt Thomas.

2:00-2:30 pm Jeff Putnam presents, How to Improve Your Distance Casting.

Free Fly Tying Lessons All Day: Professional fly tiers Bill Carnazzo and Andy Guibord will show you how to tie their favorite "fish catching patterns."

Free Fly Casting Lessons: From FFF Master Certified and Orvis Professional Casting Instructors, Hutch Hutchinson and Jeff Putnam.

Additional Savings: $25.00 off a $50.00 purchase of any Orvis Product.

Test Cast a Helios Fly Rod: The first 16 people receive a Helios T-shirt and/or a $10.00 off Orvis product coupon.

This year Kiene's is proud to showcase the NEW Orvis Helios Switch Rods.

For every $50.00 purchased, receive an entry form for the Orvis Helios Rod.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-12-2009, 07:32 AM
If you have time tomorrow, Saturday, June 13 we are having a great event at the shop sponsored by Orvis.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Come by the shop tomorrow if you have time.

The annual Orvis Education Day is always a good time.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Our Orvis Day was nice with lots of old friends stopping by.

Ed Wahl came by and purchases a nice back packing 'Super Cat' pontoon boat so he got some tickets for the free Orvis Helios rod raffle.

Ed won the free Helios fly rod..............yahoo.

Ed Wahl
06-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Holy Moly!:eek::eek::eek:\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

paulegan81
06-14-2009, 08:46 AM
hey Ed..
that is great...........
if you get to pick cast them all
each wt. has a mid and a tip flex so they have a rod for every casting stroke....
even yours "JK":lol::lol::lol:

SHigSpeed
06-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Holy Moly!:eek::eek::eek:\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

I was gonna give you a hard time about buying that extravagance, but not now! I want a ride on that boat. Always wondered what the big deal was.

Did you get the rowing package?

_SHig

Ed Wahl
06-14-2009, 12:58 PM
C'mon Paul, you've seen me cast. I need a rod that flex's in 2 places, or better yet, one that will flex in a corkscrew pattern.

Shig, the rowing package would go against my main priority, packability. Give me a month or so for the snow to melt and I'll show you what I mean.

Ed

SHigSpeed
06-14-2009, 09:59 PM
C'mon Paul, you've seen me cast. I need a rod that flex's in 2 places, or better yet, one that will flex in a corkscrew pattern.

Shig, the rowing package would go against my main priority, packability. Give me a month or so for the snow to melt and I'll show you what I mean.

Ed

Heck then, if you want packability, a Fish Cat IV Dx with the inflatable seat packs SMALL. 16 lbs. What's that weigh?

Once inflated you can backpack it, though it's true that it don't get "skinny" like that fancy boat ya got!

That said, if I knew that those came with a Helios, I'd've already had one. :)

_SHig

Ed Wahl
06-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Shig, 12 lbs empty. But we all know that empty wt means nothing. Any tube or toon needs at the very least some fins. Trout fishing means fins and waders. In my case some wading boots, but that will change soon. Add to that a bottle of water. And something to snack on.
Beer?
It adds up pretty quickly.
While I've always been a fan of just hanging the tube on a pack frame and going for it, it's always been a chore.
You lash this stuff on here and that stuff on there. You look like the tinker from the old nursery rhymes. Oh yeah, been there, done that. Many times over.
I've packed my tube in over snowfields to fish lakes that were only half thawed.
I've packed it in over snow bridges that gave in on the guy behind me.(My brother) I know of what I speak.

The Fishcats are damn good tubes, but I wanted better.

The Helios was icing on the cake.

But some really good icing.