PDA

View Full Version : Pulse flows on the McCloud

Dagee
06-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I have heard PG@E plans to blow out the McCloud from 06/16 -06/24. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Dagee
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Hopefully you're and they're wrong

Dagee
06-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Hopefully you're RIGHT and they're wrong. That makes more sense.

GeoB
06-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Having been snookered before by flow increases after driving up from Truckee, my question is how does one find out if and when flow increases will happen? Is there a website? Wait for a spy report? Inquiring minds would like to know!

George

Bjorn
06-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I spent a few weeks trying to find out what folks were looking at as far as flow regime changes, but no one ever called or emailed me back with anything useful. The flow regime is still being negotiated. Whatever it is almost certainly won't be pulse flows or recreational boating flows a la the Feather or American. What appeares more in the realm of possibilities are seasonal flow increases that would mimic natural flows (higher in the spring, lower in the late summer).

Having read the reports that detailed what boaters and anglers described as ideal to unacceptable flows, there appears, to me, to be very, very little common ground between those two interests.

It is certainly something that has me worried.

Bjorn