PDA

View Full Version : Monnday, Monday

Jay Murakoshi
06-01-2009, 03:23 PM
The first day with the group and all I have to say is that we are still in the same pattern. Where the HE$$ are the fish on Monday morning. Someone mentioned that they are union and don't work on Monday's. For those of you who fished last Friday when the south winds blew, they blew all weekend and also today. It was flat in the morning but came up around 10am. So 4 days in a row the winds have been around. Hopefully they will settle down in the next couple days. We went out looking for some dorado but they are no where to be found. The shark boys have cut the buoys and they are now sitting on the beach. Can't figure it out, the same thing happened last year. One boat (Jonny) went down to Boca de alamo and found fish - roosters and jacks. A big number of them. He told me that there was also a "GRANDE" dorado 20kilos but the person didn't strip fast enough. Darian Calhoun had a shot at a dorado but almost jumped on the fly but turned away.

There were jacks, roosters, needle fish and a few trumpets caught

I'm staying back tomorrow to see if I can regain my voice. We had the A/C on Saturday night and I've lost my voice. Now the A/C is off at night. The Mexican remedy, gargle 2 shots of Limon juice and then mix one shot of Limon with some honey and chug it. It helped last night but I still have it. I bought 3 kilos of limon's at the CCC this afternoon, this should cure the problem. It's been suggested to add a shot of Tequilla.

Hope to get some good reports tomorrow. Going out with Guy Deaner on Wednesday

Jay

jbird
06-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Jay

I got in the habit of squeezing a full lime in a shot glass every day down there. It seems to keep the nasties away. Its a great "wakemeup" at 5am! I do it everytime I go down there now.

Hope the wind changes and all them beasties come back so your group has a blast with em.

Jay

Tony Buzolich
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm all for the citrus but I like a little tequila (Don Julio or whatever) along with it. And when you really need to open those sinus's try some of those pickled jalapeno or habanero peppers that get your eyes to run. Then repeat, etc. etc.

Tell Darian not to let Renee catch all the wahoo this time.

Hopefully in a month my group won't have to deal with those winds.

Mucho pescado Jay,
TONY