PDA

View Full Version : Fuller Lake Reports...

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Any current Fuller Lake reports out there? :-\"

Gonna be up there this weekend, camping with GBF. One-fly tourney on Saturday... should be fun :cool:;

Although, looks like rain is in the forecast.... I hope not [-o< . I can deal with the cold (40's overnight), but add wet to it, and YUCK :confused:.

Quinnphoto
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Two weeks ago before the Memorial weekend a friend of mine went in the mid afternoon and he called me to let me know how he was doing on the lake. While on the phone he caught a fish and had to get back to me. Well after he brought in the fish he told me he caught 15 fish in two hours.

Last week my son and I went and found two fishing clubs on the lake and hardly anyone was catching a fish. In fact I didn't see but two fish caught. My son and I caught three in five hours. I guess they had lock jaw. I think since it is a put and take lake the fishing will depend on the calendar of when they fill the lake with new fish. They apparently stock the lake eight times a year according to the caretaker at the hunting and fishing club on the lake.

Good luck and catch some fish.

SHigSpeed
06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
They've planted once this year so far. On 5/14 or thereabouts. A dump of 8" fish or so, and I caught 40 on 5/15 in 3 hours on leeches and soft hackles.

I went back on 5/24 for the morning and only managed 4, but these were all 11" to 13" browns from last year's plants while my buddy managed a similar number of 'bows from this plant and one holdover brown.

I'm sure they'll dump again in the next couple of weeks, hope they put bigger fish in next time. That said, there are big browns lurking in there so fish early/late and deep for the fun fish!

_SHig

Mik
06-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I went two weekends ago and I could not believe the amount of people there. Pretty much everyone was catching fish on shore until about 2pm. After getting shut down for an hour and a half in the tube, I hit the shore and put my powerbait fly on. 12 fish from then on. Most of the fish were all cookie cutter rainbows 10-12 inch, and one 12 inch brown.

590Mike
06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Robin
What's the grand prize this year? Kathy and I are shooting for the same spot next to you this year. W'll see you up there.

SHigSpeed
06-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Any current Fuller Lake reports out there? :-\"

Gonna be up there this weekend, camping with GBF. One-fly tourney on Saturday... should be fun :cool:;

Although, looks like rain is in the forecast.... I hope not [-o< . I can deal with the cold (40's overnight), but add wet to it, and YUCK :confused:.

BTW, where are you camping?

_SHig

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
BTW, where are you camping?

_SHig

GBF rents the PG&E campground on Bowman Lake Road ...

Robin
What's the grand prize this year? Kathy and I are shooting for the same spot next to you this year. W'll see you up there.

No idea, but I plan on getting the "Big Fish" prize.... So, look out! :lol:

Dave, Nancy and I are going up Thursday afternoon so Dave and I can pre-fish Fri morn.... :evil: