PDA

View Full Version : Girls rule

Charlie Gonzales
05-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Had another wonderful young lady in the boat this weekend. Mike Dragon brought his 14yr old niece, Sabrina, up for the weekend for some shad fishing. Even though we didnt have smokin hot action, she still outfished her uncle(and hes a damn good fisherman!). But the highlight of the weekend was last night. We had floated from Sunrise to Rossmoore and hooked a couple fish on our way down and had settled into a slot. Sabrina had made a cast out and the grub had just settled down stream when it absolutly got hammered! Now she had done a good job on the previous fish but this one was kickin her but. At one point the fish rolled on the surface and I saw a green back; I figured a big squaw fish. It goes back to the bottom and bulldogs her, then it goes directly under the boat and has my 5' ultra light spinner folded in half, I figuered either the rod or the 4# test were done. I instructed her to sweep the rod around the bow of the boat and follow the fish, and she gets it within about 3 feet of the boat........... A chrome bright salmon, about 15#. As excited as I am I know we have to pop off the fish and wouldnt be able to take pictures, but just then it gives one more good head shake and straightens the hook. How fun was that!

Kurt P
05-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Awesome, Charlie.
That sounds hot. I'm a bit peeved, however. Why didn't you let me know Chrome Kings were an optional upgrade when we went out last week?
Kurt