PDA

View Full Version : Little Truckee

Fochetti
05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
I am heading up tomorrow evening to fish Pyramid and was also going to hit the Little Truckee on the way back or the Truckee. Has anyone been to either in the past week. Any information would be appreciated especially what flies are working right now. I would really prefer some dry fly action that is why I was thinking the LT.

Thanks,

F

amoeba
05-31-2009, 12:22 PM
I am heading up tomorrow evening to fish Pyramid and was also going to hit the Little Truckee on the way back or the Truckee. Has anyone been to either in the past week. Any information would be appreciated especially what flies are working right now. I would really prefer some dry fly action that is why I was thinking the LT.

Thanks,

F

Yes, I have been there very recently, it is high, very cold, substantially unfishable, and not worth trying IMO.

p.s. thunderstorm potential as well at the moment.

Fochetti
05-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Any other info guys, I know some other people have been at the Truckee or LT lately. Anything will help.

Thanks,

John

nightgoat
05-31-2009, 08:07 PM
I was at the Truckee today. I posted a report (Streamerin). Yes it's a little high but certainly not unfishable, although you probably won't want to fish dries.

amoeba
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
Agreed. The lower truckee is a little high but fishable. The part of the little truckee between boca and stampede is low, with rumored #8+ stim action. Wish I could confirm it.

EricW
06-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Lower section is fishable, up but ok, tough to cross except in very choice spots or one of the stretches that's lower due to diversion. Temps from Verdi down is upper 50's, mid 50's in the lower canyon. Real on and off over the last couple days with the T-storms; the wind has blown off the hatches. One eve picked up 3 browns on dries, one very respectable and nearly orange. #16 grey half-floaty. A small bleached elk hair has drawn attention, but has also had several rejections. Tempted to tie on the #8 obnoxious now, but I did search with a size 10 attractor for a couple hours with no bumps.

I think I missed a hell of a stonefly hatch when the water was up :(