PDA

View Full Version : Alaska for the summer...

Ryan Miller
05-30-2009, 09:56 AM
I am within 24 hours of departing to Alaska to guide for the summer. I must admit I have not slept too well these past few days due to high levels of excitement and anticipation of some of the best fishing the world has to offer. I will be guiding for Alaska West in pursuit of giant chrome kings on the swing, silvers, chum, pinks, sockeye, plus big, rowdy trout.

www.alaskawest.com

I will be posting blog entries when possible and trying my best to bring you the saga of Alaska West! www.ryanhmiller.blogspot.com

Upon my return in mid September I will be guiding in CA in the fall starting in late September. I will have periodic email access to answer any questions.

Thanks to everyone out there who has supported me over the years, I look forward to bringing you reports and updates from the last frontier.

Regards,
Ryan

jlmelend
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Good luck out there DD! Post pix as often as possible so some of us can follow you up there. Watch out for dem bears and the never ending day light.

loganmike
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Good luck out there DD! Post pix as often as possible so some of us can follow you up there. Watch out for dem bears and the never ending day light.

And the deadly alaska bearded clam. That there stuff will kill ya!

ME

Jet
06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey Ryan,
You should have a blast in AK this summer. I heard a report that the first kings were caught last week. I have fished both those rivers and it was a awesome experience.
I liked the Arolik since it was smaller and easy wading till you hit the lower river. If you get a chance to go above the weir check out the Kanektok Dome( 59°42'50.68"N 160°53'52.67"W) as we dub it. Made a 2 day camp there and hiked to the top of the dome.
If you run into Steve and Robin Powers of PaPa Bear's in Bethel say hello for Joey and I. We will be up there in late July fishing the Kwethluk. Be sure to get a few pictures to share when you return.

Tight Lines,

Joe & Joey

Picture from the top of Kanektok Dome.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/jetax/Kanektok07046.jpg

Darrin.Deel
06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
good luck dude. if they have any guides who drop out you know who to call. I bet you'll miss getting your windows smashed out. take care.