PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Putnam Shad-Spey/Swith Clinic

Terry Thomas
05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Jeff Putnam will be presenting a free clinic on techniques to use while fishing for shad with Spey or Switch Rods. The clinic will be held on June 11th at 6 pm. at the Watt Ave. access on the American River. This will be a great opportunity for both beginner and intermediate two hand casters. The shad fishing has been pretty good so you can give some of Jeff's tips a try when the clinic is over. For further information, give the shop a call. 916-486-9958
Terry

Terry Thomas
06-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Just a "heads up" for Jeff's seminar this Thursday.

SHigSpeed
06-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Gonna try to be there!

SHigSpeed
06-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Being that I haven't fished Watt Ave in over 20 years, would you mind posting where were meeting up?

Also, will you guys have lines to try out? Looking for something like a 500-550 grain Skagit for my 7/8 Spey and something that would complement my 10'8" Rainshadow switch?

Thanks!

_SHig

Terry Thomas
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Shig,
Park under/near the bridge at Watt Ave. We will set up just below the bridge for Jeff's presentation. We should have some lines to try out. I will see if Jason can bring some of his Beulah rods/lines.
Terry

SHigSpeed
06-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for organizing this cozy event. Bit blustery but some really good info. I hate how easy Jeff makes that look.

Lift, sweep, d-loop, SHOOOOOOT!!

I tried to make use of these with a couple of different lines after venturing downstream, but it never was nearly as pretty and effective.

I DID manage 4 shad to hand and quick released 3 more. Not a bad way to spend time after work!

_SHig