PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Finally Turns On!

Chris Evison
05-27-2009, 09:06 AM
The nets are open. Tues. before Memorial Day I watched 13.8lb fish landed at sunset. This past saturday my client and I got into 40 fish apiece. Both stripping and midges under indicators. ON sunday my fishing buddy went out and he stopped counting at 50. He said few came on the strip, most taken on red holographic midge with gold bead and wire.

Stripping has produced some nice fish. Lately I've been using a big black beetle (1-1/2 inches long and almost as wide. Got a 5-6lbr on it yesterday.

Best fishing was north end of lake. I did talk to people who fished Wino and did well the past few days, but yesterday was slow there. We did well at Warrior and Pelican until the wind laid down, then fish got spooky.

If you still want to try Pyramid do it quick as the water temps are starting to rise. Also, alot of slime floating around- clean your flies often! I think there about 2 weeks left maybe a little longer.

Hope this helps anybody making last minute plans for Pyramid!

Chris

jayclarkflyfishing
05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Chris-
I guess better late than never!!Glad to hear you are getting into them!I might be out there for a day next week.Let me know if you'll be around.

See you on the water!

Jay

Chris Evison
05-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Jay-

Going to 5 Dot res. for thur. fri and sat. hpoing to spend at least a few more days fishing Pyramid. I think Victor is going to take his boat out on tues to explore north end of lake, weather and wind permitting. Wait till you see the beetle I've been using!

Also, if we make up to Davis I'll let you know. It was sure nice to fish with you and the old farts club the other day. I like your passion and enthusiasm for flyfishing- hopefully we can fish together more often!

Chris

troutbm
05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Jay Clark...I knew I recognized that name, I was one of the guys that camped next to ya on memorial day weekend and again thanks so much for not minding us squeezing in next to you. I'm not much of a stillwater guy but had alot of fun on that little lake. They sure were on the midges ! 18 and 20 parachute adams in the evening. Average size of fish went way up on sunday morning, Broke off a solid 20 incher, freaking heartbreaker. See ya on some watwer some time.