PDA

View Full Version : Weekend AR Report

Jeff C.
05-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Got 30+ this past weekend. Sunday afternoon was red hot. I caught 18 and Bruce got 28. Got most of mine on a Surf Candy and Bruce on a Johnny Winter (all white fly).

Bob Laskodi
05-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Good to see the fish are going. Chris and I will be out Thursday, maybe we'll run into you out there. I got to see what this "too sexy" fly is!!!!!
------Bob

CapitalFishr
05-26-2009, 10:26 AM
On a somewhat related front... with the great shad run I've been seeing 30-50 fish stringers the past few days walking towards the parking lot. Just unreal amount of fishing pressure. Who the heck could we email to get the limit to 5. A whole school of fish were brought home last night from sunrise area. You really can't get mad at the folks bringing the fish home... since the limit is 27 or something.

Mik
05-26-2009, 11:09 AM
30-50 fish stringers!!!!!

A Columbian guy I used to work with at HP wanted me to give him one to eat. He said they are exactly like a fish he used to eat in Columbia. So, I was happy to give him a few. He came back to work the next day...his words---columbian accent...."Those fish are F'ing boney man. I couldn't eat it."

Anybody try eating a shad? For the smoker or soup I imagine. Any Shad recipes out there?