PDA

View Full Version : Southern Oregon Stillwater

Langenbeck
05-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Monday went to Diamond Lake, the day after the ice was off. My neighbor & I wind drifted leeches for a couple of hours and nothing. Then switched to chironomids. We must have hooked 37-38 fish and landed 30. Twenty of these were 12"-13.5" and ten were 17"-21"s.
All in excellent condition. Fished the south end in about 8-10 feet of water. A red chironomid in Size 12 was the ticket.

Wednesday with two others to Agency Lake. Wind drifted leeches for about four hours and only one 23" skinny rainbow. Then went inside the Wood Channel and on leeches caught a 20" & 21" brown and then a 22" and the pictured 24" rainbow. My neighbor is holding my 24" fish.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gordonl/AgencyLake20May09001.jpg

Darian
05-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Gordon,.... You da' man!!!!

OceanSunfish
05-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Nice.

My Grandparents were frequent fisherman at Diamond Lake and they always tell stories of how they time their trips once in awhile in order to see the ice "vanish" before their eyes...... Glad to read your reports of Diamond Lake. It brought back a few fond memories.

jbird
05-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice.

My Grandparents were frequent fisherman at Diamond Lake and they always tell stories of how they time their trips once in awhile in order to see the ice "vanish" before their eyes...... Glad to read your reports of Diamond Lake. It brought back a few fond memories.

A couple friends of mine were on diamond a week ago today. When they got on the water at dawn the lake was 75% ice. When they left that afternoon it was 100% gone. Total ice off in one day! And the fishing there has been "off the hook". I fished it wednesday and it was rediculous.