PDA

View Full Version : Website Title

bolden
05-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Well, it is finally time for me to make a website that is more professional than photobucket with the hopes of getting some interest from magazines. I plan on using a host site to use a template so that i don't have to learn code for websites.

My only dilemma right now is what to call my website. Here are some of the options i thought of that are not taken (my first choice boldenphotography.com was taken)

BenBoldenPhotography.com
BoldenGallery.com
BenBolden.com

Right now i am leaning toward BenBolden.com since it is easy to remember and search for if you didn't remember it. I was hoping anyone who looks at this could let me know which site name they like, and if you have any suggestions i would love to hear.

http://portfoliositez.com/portfolios.php

Also, this is the website i am looking at using and i plan on using the Maya template so i can have large photos. My favorite thing about this is that it uses Flash, so the photos can't be downloaded.

Thanks everyone.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Smart move Ben.....

I think it should say 'photography' in the web address?

Steve Cali
05-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi Bolden,

I think your name is most important. You will be referring editors directly to your site so the need for random traffic is not so important. At least that is my experience which is limited...grin...

Anyway, I like portfoliositez you mentioned. I am using Photobiz (www.astevecali.com). They use flash too with many, many templets to pick from. You can change templets any time and it does not mess with any info you have uploaded. It's very affordable and professional looking and very easy to use.

Good luck,

Steve Cali

David Lee
05-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Congrats , Ben !!

David

Jasonh
05-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Ben,

I would go with benboldenphotography.com so it has your name and the word photography in it. The format you have choosen looks great as well. Good luck and i will be anxious to see your new site when it is up and running.

Jason Hartwick

Darian
05-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I lean towards the BoldenPhotography.com name. Simple and includes your name As Steve Cali suggested. Also has a very positive sound to it. :cool:

Good luck on this venture. You're certainly a talented individual. :D :D

RobK.
05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
I lean towards the BoldenPhotography.com name. Simple and includes your name As Steve Cali suggested. Also has a very positive sound to it. :cool:

Good luck on this venture. You're certainly a talented individual. :D :D

I agree !!

bolden
05-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I would definitely like to go with boldenphotography.com, but it is already taken.

I think i am still leaning toward BenBolden.com right now since as Steve mentioned, this is more for editors and such to view my work.

I will definitely post when i get my site sorted.

Steve Cali
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Ben,

I really think your name is fine, www.benbolden.com. Plus it makes for less typing when navigating to your home page...

Now on your home page you can use Ben Bolden Photography as a main title etc...

You are truely a great photographer and I will pass your name on to all the editors I know...

I can't wait to see what you come up with (website)...and to see some of those fine photographs of yours published in some of our favorite magazines!

Have fun with this!

Steve Cali