PDA

View Full Version : Yuba?

jlmelend
05-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Anyone fished the river at these higher flows lately?

Chris Gearhart
05-17-2009, 06:21 PM
I fished it on Friday 5/15. Floated from the bridge down to Sycamore. Wading was tough but from a boat if you had someone to row for you was ok. It was bright and sunny all day. Never saw any mayflies only random caddis and little yellow stones. Only saw one take on top. I did however catch the biggest fish I have ever caught on the Yuba while eating luch!!!!! I anchored in a big deep eddy to replace flies I had broken off. After I tied them on I flung my line out just to keep it from becomming tangled. I decided this was a good opportunity to eat some lunch. While I was eat I noticed my indicator begin to twitch. I chuckled as I lifted the rod figuring there was a dink trying to eat my fly. As soon as the fish felt the pressure he was off to the races. 3 nice jumps and close to 10 minutes later I landed a beautiful 20" rainbow. Great day.

Chris

jigger
05-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Great story Chris
I love hearing that kinda stuff
Congrats on the big 20

jlmelend
05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Well that's great stuff! I may be heading there on the 30th and wanted to see how these higher flows were affecting the fishing. Got one report from Ryan Johnston that it has been a but tough. Anyone been fishing upstream from the 20 bridge?

bearcrawl
05-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Anybody round those parts this week? River gauge seemed to be screwed up most the week but it looks to be holding steady now. Anyone see the clarity lately?

easymends
05-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Sunday it was clear but still high. Gauge seemed right to me, about 3900.

Water pretty far back into some of the trees. Fished early until 1 and got two fish. Nothing over 14 inches.