PDA

View Full Version : Road 48

matt johnson
05-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Attention "shadsters":

I spoke with my buddy who operates the DFG creel survey on the Sacramento River. He said they are getting them really good at Rd 48 right now. The river has a nice "shad green" color in that stretch right now. Go get em'. Matt.

RAS
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks Matt,
I am headed up there Monday.
RAS

Anne Vitale
05-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Just got back from two days up there (Thursday and Friday). Classic shad fishing. If you have ever had that experience, you know what I mean. Work hard ( about 2 fish an hour) during the heat of the day and then about 6:00 pm all hell starts to breaks loose and goes on well into dark. Most of the fish we caught were hard fighting hens. River flow is perfect. Some guy told me it was really high just a week ago.

Even with the key-access-only policy, there are a LOT of folks in the line up. I figured that they were mostly locals. We had all the room we wanted from dawn to about 2:00 pm when folks started coming in one by one and leaving after dark. By the time the fish started hitting, we were 20 feet apart the entire length of the beach. So it goes.......Anne

inclinejj
05-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Went to a couple places last Thursday..did a lot of walking and scouting and fished a couple spots..

Hooked a couple and landed one on the Sacto

Then went over to the AR

the scenery was very nice Thursday..

Hooked 4 landed 2

bearcrawl
05-17-2009, 09:02 PM
DFG kid at the Anderson boat ramp said he counted 248 shad Thr. @ 48.

Anne Vitale
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Bearcrawl....248 shad last Thursday at RD 48? I know that sounds like a large number but it may be off by more than half. I was fishing there when the DFG boat came by asking for a fish count. It was only about 5:00 pm, I had only been fishing for three hours and had only two fish to add to his count. By the time the day ended and the evening bite had ended, I was well into the double digits...and so were tens of other folks in the line up. That place can be crazy with those little wonders. I'm going back again Thursday for more. This time, with my new season fix satiated, I am going to try and get a few on top.....Anne

djwattswatts
05-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I am new to flyfishing and to the area just wanted to know were RD 48 is ? Please help thanks.

Scott V
05-20-2009, 07:40 AM
I am new to flyfishing and to the area just wanted to know were RD 48 is ? Please help thanks.

Rd 48 is a private access point through someones property, you need to have a key to get in and they are hard to come by if you have never had one prior. That is about all I know. I think it is up on the Feather, but that is just a guess.

ALAN MAX
05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Road 48 is on the Sac.

djwattswatts
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow :eek: sound like some secret squirrel some lol j/k. Thanks for that info really. ok thats good to know. What makes this spot so great dose anyone know ?