PDA

View Full Version : Get some foam, grab the Dremel, some markers. . . .

Hairstacker
05-14-2009, 11:49 AM
And voila! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Sachlil/firetigerfrog.jpg

Another "Frog Slider" from the same fella (Fred Hannie) that tied the other one I posted in the "Warm Water" section a little while back.

These are just too cool, aren't they? He calls it a slider but I wonder if it would dive a bit with that head shape. . . .

In any case, he now has a step-by-step tutorial posted on his website -- here's the link to the tutorial if you're interested that shows you what foam he uses (I think you can get it at Michael's?) and great details on how to trim it to shape and color it:

http://www.realisticflytying.net/id12.html

Jgoding
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Wow, does it "rib-it" too??

Darian
05-14-2009, 02:31 PM
While that's a cool pattern, it ignores the fact that it's really tough being green. :confused: :lol: :lol:

OK, to answer Mike's question about making it a diver, it seems to me that repositioning the head so that the hook eye rides higher up the face of the head without changing the back, it would dive when stripped. In other words change the angle of the foam head to lower in front.... (I've re-read this twice and still don't know if it sounds right :confused: )

Hairstacker
05-14-2009, 02:36 PM
While that's a cool pattern, it ignores the fact that it's really tough being green. :confused: :lol: :lol:

OK, to answer Mike's question about making it a diver, it seems to me that repositioning the head so that the hook eye rides higher up the face of the head without changing the back, it would dive when stripped. In other words change the angle of the foam head to lower in front.... (I've re-read this twice and still don't know if it sounds right :confused: )

Oh no, I wouldn't change it, I just thought it might dive a bit just as it is.

Darian
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
OK, Mike,.... I misunderstood. However, I do think the fly would be better as a floater/diver.... :D :D

Hairstacker
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
OK, Mike,.... I misunderstood. However, I do think the fly would be better as a floater/diver.... :D :D

Darian, I agree! :D

Fats
05-15-2009, 06:44 AM
That's just cool!