PDA

View Full Version : Delta top water LMB month = May

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Try to get out on the Delta this month if you can.

Get a day with Delta LMB guides Kevin Doran or Jerry Neuburger to see what we are talking about.

It is so nice in the Delta this time of year and top water LMB is too cool.

You can fish on top for LMB in the Delta from April though October too.

http://www.deltaadventures.com/Home.html

http://www.deltastripers.com/

Rodney D.
05-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I am venturing out to the Delta to one of my favorite ponds Friday so I hope to post some pictures to post.

Scott V
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I am venturing out to the Delta to one of my favorite ponds Friday so I hope to post some pictures to post.

Have fun, the local ponds around Folsom have started to be descent for top water. Now if I could find a local pond with fish bigger than 12" I would be real happy. Until then I will continue to hunt for these little guys.

Hairstacker
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Good luck Rodney, I hope you get into some really nice ones! :D

I haven't been out on the Delta for topwater yet this season but hope to change that within the next few weeks. [-o<

Mike Churchill
05-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Scott,

If you're fishing the same pond in Folsom that I am, there are some fish in there well over 12". I've seen several that were 15" to 18" and hooked something large that popped my tippet when I tried to stop it from getting down to the weeds last Sunday morning. (Of course, I hooked it stripping a small bead-head bugger on a floating line, so it wasn't topwater and I didn't see it. That will teach me to fish for panfish with the tippet from my last trout fishing trip....)

The best part about returning to pond fishing has been getting my two youngest daughters (12 and 9) re-enthused about fishing. Nothing like a pond full of bluegills to excite kids (and the bass don't hurt, either).

Turning to the Delta: I'm planning on going out early Sunday (probably out of B&W but I'm open to suggestions) and fishing for both LMB and any stripers still hanging around. If the guy from work I'm planning to take can't make it, I will have two (maybe three if we're all friends...) open spots on the boat.

Anyone interested can shoot me an email at mchurchill@downeybrand.com. As Scott knows, I will be on my dad's 20' North River Sea Hawk. Given the 100 degree forecast, I may stand under the bimini and cast side arm...

Mike