PDA

View Full Version : Local pond fishing

Scott V
05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Went to a local pond in Folsom last night for some evening fishing. Plenty of little bluegills to keep the fun going. Even got a 3 bass on a popper. But the cool thing was this little dragonfly that hung out with me for about 2 hours, not sure how he landed on me by the looks of his wings. The wings were clear and really damaged, not sure if he was hurt or what, but he kept me company and at the end of the day I set him on a tullie at the edge of the pond. I also got to see plenty of little gills trying to eat other dragonflies off the water but they all missed. Just another relaxful day on the water.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP1656.jpg

Jgoding
05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
He looks newly hatched from the pic but it could just be he got bleached out from the flash or something...

Scott V
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
He looks newly hatched from the pic but it could just be he got bleached out from the flash or something...

The body was a real light green and the wings were totally transparent with no color what so ever.

jburge
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Scott, that was me out there on the kayak. Plenty of bluegill and some bassin' fun ;-)

John

Mike Churchill
05-14-2009, 04:55 PM
John,

I saw you climbing out of your kayak as my daughters and I strolled up to the other side of the pond just after 8:00.

In 45 minutes, we landed a total of 8 bass and gills. Biggest was a bass of about 11 inches, which I think was a smallmouth (it was getting dark...).

The kids were chea--I mean, using garden hackle, so I spent more time sticking worms and unhooking fish than casting, but I got one small bass on a micro popper when I finally got a chance to cast.

Mike

SHigSpeed
05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Garden hackle!! That's a new one on me. Great one.

_SHig

Scott V
05-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Scott, that was me out there on the kayak. Plenty of bluegill and some bassin' fun ;-)

John

I had a funny feeling I recognized you. Good to fish with you again. I got ponding every Wednesday after work and I have a few new places to check out. Let me know if you want to join me next Wednesday.

jburge
05-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I had a funny feeling I recognized you. Good to fish with you again. I got ponding every Wednesday after work and I have a few new places to check out. Let me know if you want to join me next Wednesday.

Yeah, I wasn't sure either. It's kinda hard to figure out who people are under different types of hats and behind different types of sunglasses.

You're on for Wednesdays. Good days for me to cut out of work a little early. I'll shoot you a PM.

And Mike, I hated to leave, but it was starting to get kinda dark and I still had to load up and tie down the 'yak. Good to hear you had as much fun as Scott and I did ;-)

John