PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Faire - Instruction Basic Fly Fishing

Cmcculloch
05-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Are you interested in fly fishing and had some questions about the equipment, how to use it, what is needed to get started, and want to try fly casting? CFFU (California Fly Fishing Unlimited) invites you to join us for a day of fly fishing instruction. This event is open to beginning fly fishers, or those who want to improve their skills. Good event for families!

Classes and instruction will be available for introduction to fly fishing basics, fly casting instruction and fly tying. Certified fly casting instructors are available. Beginning fly tiers will learn to tie a “woolly bugger” fly that can be used for a wide variety of fish. All equipment and necessary materials will be furnished at cost of $10 per family. BBQ lunch will be available for purchase.

The Fly Fishing Faire will be held at Camp Pollock Boy Scout Camp, 1501 Northgate Blvd., Sacramento from 10 am to 4 pm on Sunday May 31, 2009

Maps and more information are available at http://www.cffu.org/CFFU/Faire.html.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
This should be a fun event for all.

Cmcculloch
05-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Reminder - Fly Fishing Faire is Sunday! Hope you can join us for a day of fly fishing instruction including fly casting, tying and introduction to the sport.

Hairstacker
05-30-2009, 09:48 AM
This sounds like a really fun event. Have you considered posting it over at the fishsniffer board? Just seems like there's always folks there who are thinking about making the transition into flygear.

Cmcculloch
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
I had not seen the fishsniffer board before you mentioned it, so I appreciate the tip. I went to check it out and sent an email about our club's announcement. Since the Fly Fishing Faire is Sunday May 31, it may get posted too late.

Craig