PDA

View Full Version : Updated Truckee Report

gilligan
05-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Just wanted everyone to know the Truckee has come down and visibility is good again. It is still high but totally fishable. The weather is perfect with highs in the 70's. I would use bigger general attracter nymphs, also fishing a streamers isn’t a bad idea. March Browns are hatching mid day. I got this guy near my house today on a dead drifted sculpin. Good luck...

www.gilligansguideservice.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-10-2009, 11:14 PM
You live in a very interesting place....thanks.

Darrin.Deel
05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I really need to make my way up there and swing some streamers...

Phil Synhorst
05-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Nice Brownie dude!!!

jigger
05-11-2009, 09:34 PM
That's why I never get any luck in that long frog water.... you're all over it:D
Thanks for the report. I noticed on sat. the flow was still up but the clarity was improving. Still skipped it though for those tail water fish.
Nice big truckee brown. That's a much better prize than any of those tail water fish.

Oskar
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Nice fish!

I picked up a couple fish on the T last week. Water was really high but found some fish in holding areas but pretty tough 4-5 hours. Headed over to the LT in the eve,pulled a couple fish there too.one was a really nice 18 brown with plenty of energy. Quite a a lot of people out on the LT (not a soul on the T). I also saw two guides with clients and they sure were grumpy. They could barely muster a hello, as if I was on their private property. Both groups rushed out of the hole they were fishing to get to the next one before I got there. Rather comical. Too bad the meadow section is so short. These fly guys on the LT are just as grumpy as the steelhead fly guys on the Trinity. They also think they own the river and you dont belong there. Sorry for the rant ...but I love fly fishing and cant go back to gear fishing , but gear guys are almost always happy to chat up another angler! Maybe it is only on the LT. I dont know.