PDA

View Full Version : Live-well additive for LMB?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Last year we used an additive to keep the bass alive in our big ice chest with an aerator.

Someone here mentioned a better additive to put in the live-well?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I think it is "Please Release Me"

Jay
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Here is my post from the bass n fly thread awhile back

Bill, for what its worth, let me suggest the livewell additive "Please Release Me" for you guys fishing this event. This has become the accepted additive for most of the big bass guys I know, and many tournament guys as well. It's formulation calms fish, stops bleeding, neutralizes ammonia, and helps guard against infection.

Rejuvenade is formulated to keep fish "lively". It does this with the garlic in the product. It irritates the fishes gills and makes them freak out. Nothing in it is made for the well being of the fish, it just makes them spaz so that they look healthy.

Please Release Me, has sedatives which get the fish a little stoned, lol. But when you think about it, thats better, they dont hurt themselves flipping out, they dont consume as much oxygen/contribute as much CO2. It doesnt cause the fish to lose weight through regurgitation, crap, and fluid loss. Regurgitation and excremement send the ammonia levels through the roof , which any aquarium hobbyist knows is the number 1 killer of fish in small volumes of water.

NOT AFFILIATED WITH THEM IN ANYWAY. I just believe in this product 100%.

I know alot of the wild trout purists will guffaw over my babying the "green carp", but any game fish, especially larger specimens, deserve to be treated as well as we can if we intend to release them.

If I can piece together a bass combo and find a partner, I am IN!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-10-2009, 11:13 PM
I remember your post from last year but being so old and not very 'techy' I couldn't find it.

Thanks Jay.

Tony P
05-11-2009, 07:03 AM
I've used several different live-well additives & I like "Rejuvenade" by Bassmedics the best.

http://www.bassmedics.com/

Tony P

P.S. "Rejuvenade" & "Please Release Me" are two different products & both will help the mortality rate of fish kept in live-wells.

"Please Release Me" = http://www.sure-life.com/pro_please_release_me.html