PDA

View Full Version : Spring

RobK.
05-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Took this photo at Cutler Marsh here in Cache valley . I really liked the clouds .

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Rkempton/photos/beautifulskycutlerIMG_0386.jpg

Scott V
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Gorgeous!!!

Phil Synhorst
05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Awesome pic Rob!!! 8-)

loganmike
05-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Rob, looking at the clouds in that pic actually make me dizzy. NICE. I miss the Wellsvilles!

me

djwattswatts
05-19-2009, 10:21 PM
What a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing.

bolden
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
You have a wonderful backyard Rob. Keep up with the good work and make good use of that 5d.

RobK.
06-01-2009, 06:45 AM
You have a wonderful backyard Rob. Keep up with the good work and make good use of that 5d.

Thanks !!

The 5d takes sharper photos than my 20d for sure . Still need to learn how to get all i can out of the camera and photo shop though . Right now i can't use photo shop or download raw or tiff . I am taking everything in Fine JPG .

RobK.
08-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Took this photo at Cutler Marsh here in Cache valley . I really liked the clouds .

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Rkempton/photos/beautifulskycutlerIMG_0386.jpg

Just got this one printed on canvas 20x30 and is getting framed .Turned out great !! I no longer get them stretched and wrap around . Its saves me 35.00 towards a frame . so a 20x30 laminated on foam with UV protection and framed is around 110.00 . It was costing me around 75.00 just for a 16x24 stretched on canvas and a wrap around . Plus they look better with a nice frame .

RobK.
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Picked it up from the frame shop this morning !!

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Rkempton/photos/framecutlerphot1.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Rkempton/photos/livingroomg-1.jpg

Scott V
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't see a picture, all I see is a window looking out at the mountains. I wish I had water that close to my house.:D

jim p
08-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing it.

RobK.
08-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you !!!

The photo does not do the print justice though , way too much glare from the flash off the canvas . I am very lucky to have places like this so close to my house . This is where my son and i also do a lot of waterfowl hunting .

RobK.
08-08-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't see a picture, all I see is a window looking out at the mountains. I wish I had water that close to my house.:D

You don't want to live too close to the water , with the warm weather in July and August it brings the out the mosquitoes .The water is very shallow and warm . In the Spring and Fall its OK , but when its warm and calm they will eat you alive !! Most of photos i take are just before or after a big storm so that does help keep the mosquitoes away .

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Bolden & Rob,

Andy Guibord has been working on getting his pictures up on a commercial web site in hope to make a little money with his photography.

Zenfolio

http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/search.aspx?q=guibord

Charlie Gonzales
08-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Its funny you mentioned waterfowling ,Rob. The only thing I thought was missing from that shot was a few dekes. I dont see any waterfowl shots in your portfolio either?

RobK.
08-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Its funny you mentioned waterfowling ,Rob. The only thing I thought was missing from that shot was a few dekes. I dont see any waterfowl shots in your portfolio either?

Yep i hear ya ,i just don't have any telephoto lenses , no $$$$$$$$ for those right now . I did sell a 16x25 print on canvas for 250.00 a few weeks ago but people just are not spending money on photos right now . They had a big art show here in town and all the photographers i talked to were selling nothing . i WAS going to get a booth($ 300.00) but passed on it and i am glad i did . I was able to sell that one photo that i had on display across from the art show in a store , and they let me do it for free . In have sold around ten 16x24 and 20x30's in the last year though . Not looking at making a living , just re-cooping some of the $$$ i have spent on it the last two years . Hunting season is just around the corner , Dove, Deer, Elk and waterfowl !!!

RobK.
10-05-2009, 06:09 PM

It's TIME !!!!!!!!

waterfowl season started a few days ago . I am still recovering from hauling out a mule deer buck that i got with my muzzle loader a few days ago . I hope to get a bull elk with my muzzy the end of the month . Then the freezer will be full and the barbecue will be going all winter . I barbecue even when it below zero . LOL . I was watching a area last night and saw 40-50 Mallards land .

Charlie Gonzales
10-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Good for you Rob! Feel free to email me any pics of the carnage. I am scheduled at the shop for the opener so will miss it on saturday but will probly go sunday. Geese open the same weekend this year and we're seeing lots of specks already. Good luck and have a safe season.