PDA

View Full Version : SuperCat pontoon boat is the best

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-04-2009, 11:29 PM
We are now SuperCat dealers.

This is a 12# back packable, folding pontoon boat that has been around for some time.

http://www.supercat.us/site/412251/page/45029

Come in a check them out.

They have Hypalon pontoons like an Avon or Zodiac boat, no bladders.

This boat has the patent so nobody can copy it.

goby
05-02-2012, 09:46 AM
How are these working out?

loose_shoes
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
These tubes are the best! I own two of them. One of them I've had for at least 15 years. The other one for about 10 years. They get fished 35-40 days a year and they are still in great shape. Never had slightest problem with them.

There are a lot of reasons to consider these tubes, I could list the positive attributes all day long, but I think that they really pay off in the convenience department.

They fold flat (mostly) and are quite compact - you can easily fit them in any car. They dry fast and are never soggy. They inflate quickly and MOST IMPORTANTLY they deflate in seconds. Think about that while you are cold and standing around in the rain listening to your old tube s l o w l y hiss itself flat!

You can disassemble it and pack it in a wheelie duffel bag and check it as luggage with the airlines. I've dragged mine all over the western US this way.

These tubes are made in Cloverdale (Sonoma Co.). Support your local FF manufacturer!

oldtrout
05-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I've had one for several years now. As far as I know, they're the best float tube available.

Ed Wahl
05-04-2012, 11:24 PM
I've had and used one for a few years now and I've developed a few opinions.

The biggest advantage for me is the packability of these. I've carried mine on my back to lakes four miles in and four miles out, and several hundred feet up in altitude. They carry like a backpack, that is tight to your back with no movement like you get when you pack a tube with straps. You're fishing within minutes and like the dude said when you pack out there's no sogginess factor to deal with.
The only drawbacks I've found so far are these.
When hiking down steep scree and rock steps the bottom of the 'toons will tend to hit the surface which could force a downhill faceplant if you're not careful. I've been careful.
The straps and framework on the bottom will 'bulldoze' through algae mats when fishing warmwater bass ponds. I've had to stop and clean off 10 pounds of muck on a certain pond several times.
That being said I'm going to stick with mine as it fills the void of what you can walk in a good distance with in relative comfort.
You guys with Fat Cats an U-Boats can talk to Phil Synhorst about how to transport these with no more effort than a backplack, he's got the system down pat.
I'm lovin my Super Cat so far.

Ed

Terry Imai
07-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Denny Rickards promoted these tubes for stillwater fishing and I bought the pontoon along with the rest of his "Koolaid" package. Of all the items Denny told you needed; this pontoon boat is the best boat I have ever been in. If you go to his website, he states several reasons why this type of pontoon boat is better than other types. The biggest factor is most pontoon boats need oars to navigate it which mean you have to put your rod down (hopefully secured) while adjusting your boat. If anyone that has fished with tubes will agree that many of your strikes occur when you make these slight direction changes which affects the motion of your bug. If your hands are on the oars rather than your rod, well good bye on the missed grab.

The chair is very comfortable with a wonderful backrest which makes it feel like sitting on an easy chair rather than having some material stuck between your legs. A certain part of your body can get numb relatively fast with the float tubes.

The pump that comes with the unit will inflate your tube on both the up and down stroke. You will get in the water in no time.

It is very easy to sit on your tube when leaving the shore, so you won't look like an idiot by flipping your tube.

You can pick up a Scotty rod holder for your extra rod, so you can bring different rods for various fishing conditions and when they are pre-strung before you leave the shore:

http://www.scotty.com/fishing-gear-equipment/rod-holders/fly-rod.htm

It's a fine product....