PDA

View Full Version : San Diego????

CODY
05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Im going to be in San Diego for a week in june and I want to do some fishing, Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for fishing opportunities or maybe a guide in the area. I have to miss a trip to the upper sac to go on this trip so i am very determined to do some fishing. Any suggestions would be great.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
For the salt water fly fishing in Southern Cal I do beleive the warmer months are best.

slack_in_the_box
05-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Cody,

SD is my home water. What type of fishing do you want to do:

- Mako (call Conway Bowman)
- Inshore, offshore (Jeff Stock)
- Bay/Carp (John Hendrickson out of San Diego Flyshop)
- Freshwater Bass (Jake Ness out of Bluewater tackle)

Have Fun.

CODY
05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I wanted to fish with a guide for bass and stuff like that in mission bay with a guide, and do freshwater bass on my own with my tube in some of the reservoirs. Thanks for the suggestions.

slack_in_the_box
05-03-2009, 10:00 PM
San Diego Fly Shop will hook you up. Good Luck!

RJSFLYTRIP
05-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I grew up fishing in San Diego. One of the go to guides in the area is Peter Piconi out of SoCal Outfitters. Peter is an absolute stud on San Diego Bay, Kelp Beds, and the Blue Water. Between my father and I we use Peter about 5-6 times a year. I have yet to have a bad trip. I added some sample photos.

The spring time is a great time of year in San Diego Bay while the summer months are awesome on the Kelp Beds and the blue water. Tell Peter that Ryan Johnston sent you his way and he will take good care of you.

Hope this helps!

Tight Lines.