PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Custom Rods new Switch rods in stock

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
We just got a #6 and #7 Anderson Switch rod in stock.

They are very beautifully finished.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

I am guessing we have the largest inventory of Switch rods in the world right now.

Beulah, Winston, Orvis, Sage, Redington, Echo, TFO, Anderson, Scott.......with more coming.

Craig Nielsen
05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Bill:
I fished Gary Anderson's 6 & 7 weight Switch rods all last fall and through the winter with my clients primarily on the Klamath and Lower Sac but also a few days on the Trinity, Rogue, Applegate and Smith.
They are outstanding fishing tools and my client's favorites. We used them with indicators, high sticking and swung them with both floating lines and the new short headed Skagits. They performed exceptionally well in all cases with enough power reserve to toss big flies without the loss of "feel" that sometimes can be lost with the stouter sticks. I recently cast them with the new Rio AFS heads and they performed like a dream.
I can not recommend these rods more highly as they are a perfect match for the steelhead, trophy trout and shad in our area. Next time I am down your way I'll be certain to stop in and take a look at your exceptional selection! WOW!
PS I wrote a couple articles in California FlyFisher regarding Switch rods which can be viewed on the ShastaTrout blog (http://www.shastatrout.com/category/reviews/equipment/) some of which is becoming quickly dated. I hope you and your readers find them interesting and informative. Let me know.

Darrin.Deel
05-26-2009, 11:22 AM
i would argue that anderson rods are the best in the business

Anne Vitale
05-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Gary's rods are not the best by accident. He knows his stuff...and is one hell of a friend. New rods now come with the right line. Great idea.

I own his 3wt, a 5/6wt and a 7/8 wt. I'm off in a few minutes to fish the Russian R. for shad with the 5/6 wt. Sweeeet......Anne

Grampa Spey
05-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Gary's rods are not the best by accident. He knows his stuff...and is one hell of a friend. New rods now come with the right line. Great idea.

I own his 3wt, a 5/6wt and a 7/8 wt. I'm off in a few minutes to fish the Russian R. for shad with the 5/6 wt. Sweeeet......Anne

Where do you go?

Thanks

Dave

Anne Vitale
05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Dave

I generally go to Johnson's Beach in Guernville. When I got there yesterday at 3:00 pm --with the exception of some swimmers and dog runners--I was all alone. However, by 4:00 several others had shown up and moved right in next to me. Apparently they thought I was in the bucket. By 5:00 pm there were 15 of us. By 6:00 pm there were at least 25, some standing as close as 5 ft apart in a stretch shorter then 100 ft long. I have never seen so many people fishing that beach. To make matters worse there were little or no fish. I got one nice hen and saw a couple of others being caught. No fun...so I left early.
Anne

Grampa Spey
05-29-2009, 04:09 AM
What happened to you, is why I quit going there years ago.

shawn kempkes
05-29-2009, 06:21 AM
What happened to you, is why I quit going there years ago.

I moved to Washington for the same reason.