PDA

View Full Version : Independent guide groups

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Some of the veteran fly fishing guides in Nor Cal have gotten together to form guide groups now.

Shasta Trout has a collection of top Nor Cal guides you can feel comfortable booking.

http://www.shastatrout.com/guides/

Confluence Outfitters is another excellent group of veteran Nor Cal/Southern OR guides.

http://www.confluenceoutfitters.com/

Frank R. Pisciotta
05-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Bill---There is another independent fly fishing guide group based in the Truckee area; established in 2002 prior to the two you have mentioned. Currently our only high-profile presence is at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show. We have been with the show since it's inception in Marin county. We are a bit more low-key relaive to our marketing in the Internet though. In the future we will have a seperate site under the www.TruckeeGuideNetWork domain.

There are four (4) of us now, originally there was three. On our individual websites we have internal hyper-links to each other's websites. In the interim, go to www.cyberfly.com/TruckeeGuideNetWork.html for a brief info on who and what we do. From there you can access or individual websites.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks Frank....I think it's a good idea to get guide groups together.

Have a great summer up there...............

easymends
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Bill---There is another independent fly fishing guide group based in the Truckee area; established in 2002 prior to the two you have mentioned. Currently our only high-profile presence is at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show. We have been with the show since it's inception in Marin county. We are a bit more low-key relaive to our marketing in the Internet though. In the future we will have a seperate site under the www.TruckeeGuideNetWork domain.

There are four (4) of us now, originally there was three. On our individual websites we have internal hyper-links to each other's websites. In the interim, go to www.cyberfly.com/TruckeeGuideNetWork.html for a brief info on who and what we do. From there you can access or individual websites.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Link doesnt work.

Tony P
05-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Link doesnt work.

Try this link http://cyberfly.com/TruckeeGuideNetwork.html

Tony P

Sutterk
05-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Wonder who all you would suggest for guiding in Truckee area in August. I followed the link but was hoping to get a little insight on who I should sign up with.

Frank R. Pisciotta
05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Easymends/Tony P---Thanks for the assist on the Truckee Guide NetWork link; I'm techno-challenged.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Frank R. Pisciotta
05-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Wonder who all you would suggest for guiding in Truckee area in August. I followed the link but was hoping to get a little insight on who I should sign up with.

Good question! My opinion is that you let the prospective fly fishing guide know what you want to accomplish, your skill levels, past experience and expectations. A reputable one will let you know if your requests are doable.

Be honest relative to your skill levels. An veteran guide can adjust seamlessly, not necessarily so with a new one; especially one OJTing. Essentially, we're talking honest and open communication...from the start...prior to your guide date.

I've authored an article that has been published in numerous fly club newsletters, a regional magazine and on-line. It is entitled "What To Expect When You Hire a Guide". If you want to see it in it entirety, please contact me off-line. If Bill wants me to share it with the Board; he'll let me know.

Frank R. Pisciotta