PDA

View Full Version : UpDate

Jay Murakoshi
04-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I know some of you are probably getting tired of these reports but I think it's important for those coming to Baja.

I just received a number of emails regarding the "Mexico shutting down". Ok, here's the skinny. It's holiday season and Cinco de Mayo in Mexico and Baja. The president of Mexico has urged the people of Mexico to shut down there businesses and enjoy the long holiday weekend with the family. The government automatically shuts down this time of year. So the shut down in not mandatory for the Swine Flu virus but so the people will have less chance of catching the virus in a crowded situation. The La Paz area has not had a case of the virus, but there will be a lot of places shutting down.
Soooooooo, Baja/La Paz/ Mexico is not shutting down because of the virus - for holiday only.

Another report stated that the spread and report cases is slowing down. But in the US, I guess it's picking up.

I guess the vice pres. made a statement that his family wouldn't travel to densly populated area's where they could pick something up. If it makes you feel more comfortable, I would take a mask on the plane but remember to remove it when you take a sip of that beer

My question to you is do you want SF updates from Baja or move on to something else.

Going out for some fishing in the morning. Hopefully for some Wahhhhhhhhhhho or maybe a YT or two and toss some dorado on top of that

Jay

Scott V
04-30-2009, 10:35 AM
The only updates I want to see our fish reports or if you get sick with this flu. Other than that go catch a big one and have a couple drinks.

Jay Murakoshi
04-30-2009, 04:19 PM
I was suppose to fish tomorrow in a Cabin Fever Classic but it was full. So today, I was talking with my shuttle drivers and telling them that it cost $65.00 to $120.00 to rent a car depending on the model. They said they would drive if I take them fishing - what a deal.
They are making fish tacos and chicken burritos for lunch. So that means I'll be posting a report and maybe some film footage. I'll be shooting with the Cannon GL1 and the GoPro Hero cam using my chest strap. Damn, I hope I'm not to tired to post tomorrow night.

There are a lot of dorado out there right now, saw photo's of two roosters that were caught this morning in the 35lb range and they guys told me that there were a bunch of them. They also had marlin and sails. The thing that tops it off, it was there first time here and they had no idea on what to do (conventional guys).

He did say that there was a slight case of flu out there, cervasa flu... His buddy got boat sick from the rocking 2" boat wake. Don't worry, it wasn't the Swine Flu.

The report here is the number of cases are starting to fall off. So don't give up the ship yet....I say, "come on down" and get a butt kicking by my buddies the dorado, roosters, jacks and the marlin.

A new thing on the news - Africa has a case of meningitas outbreaks now. don't go to Africa.

See you in a couple weeks.

Jay

FISHEYE
04-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Jay, you will see Mike and I on Saturday afternoon. I told Mike I would be looking to fish on Sunday. If you can find someone who will take me, I will pay the going rate. It could be walking the beach or a panga. I do not care. As long as I am there I want to fish. Phil

Jay Murakoshi
04-30-2009, 06:17 PM
There a group of around 45 fishermen who came in today and fishing for three days and then going back home. They weren't to concern about the flu, one guy was more concerned about almost getting hit at LAX.

Mike, I'll try and arrange a day for you to fish. My friend Jonathan Rolden who runs
Tailhunter, Int out of the La Concha might be able to take you. If some of the people leave on Sunday then that should free up one of my captains that he uses

Jay