PDA

View Full Version : AB1253 Dead On Arrival!

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-28-2009, 04:08 PM
The latest on AB1253 from Dan Blanton's BB!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Dave Sellers on 2009-04-28 12:52:29

It looks like Ab1253, as previously written is dead. It was amended in the "11th hour" to state that no protections will be removed from striped bass but instead predatory fish will be "studied". I am working to secure exact wording of the amendment and will post asap. But if anyone else has the amendment, I hope you will post it.

But for all purposes, Fuller's original bill was "dead on arrival".

This is VERY good news! We do have to monitor the bill as it now written because it DID get out of committee but as harmless legislation compared to the original.

Dave
Posted by JerryInLodi on 2009-04-28 14:48:21 in reply to AB 1253 death by amendment posted by Dave Sellers on 2009-04-28 12:52:29

I have the amended bill in hand and have to type it in. I'll post it in about 40 minutes, (1:30pm). The URL will be: http://www.calsport.org/ab1253amended.htm
Posted by Corey Cate on 2009-04-28 14:14:07 in reply to AB 1253 death by amendment posted by Dave Sellers on 2009-04-28 12:52:29

Our side is awesome. In case you didn't know.
The committee room was full with fishers and the hallways were crammed. The line of people who supported the bill was small, most if not all were water districts, deliverers. The line of opposing was long, we each gave our name and organizations, and we represent a very large and well informed group.
Thanks to all who organized our herd of cats.
Here are a few "brownie" camera shots, less quality as you'll see by others, all of these are with the cel phone.
Great to be with all of you who showed up, listened and registered your opinions as citizens.
Corey