PDA

View Full Version : Lost Rod Yuba River

easymends
04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Had a mishap on the Lower Yuba this weekend and managed to drop a rod while crossing the river.

Rod is a 9 foot 6 weight Sage DS2. Reel is Bauer MSL 2 with a green Rio nymph line and my two fly setup is still attached. I think it was a rubber legs and small nymph dropper. Pink Thingamabobber as well. Reel is pretty beat up. Can't think of much else, hope this is enough to know its mine. No initial or other markings.

If anyone has this or finds it I will certainly pay for the shipping back. I am in Los Gatos, CA.

SHigSpeed
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Damn river crossing mishaps... I feel your pain, been there, done that, but held on to the rod.

Hope you get it back.

_SHig

easymends
04-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah, its a place I have crossed many times before. Unfortunately, it was a bit deeper with the higher flow and it was either the rod or risk the waders filling up fast.

It was the first Sage I ever bought, but if I was gonna lose one this one I can live with. Its the XPs that would have been difficult to swallow.

Scott V
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Better a piece of equipment then your life. I would rather have you post your losses, then someone posting the loss of you. Smart move to ditch the rod.

Rich Leonetti
04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
You oughta grab an old spinning rod/reel with some 20lb test on it and a big ol' treble hook and drag it on the bottom.....for 30 or 40 yards downstream....just a thought....

Rich Leonetti
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
oops sorry didn't see the Los Gatos part....
thought u were local

JT
04-27-2009, 04:44 PM
You oughta grab an old spinning rod/reel with some 20lb test on it and a big ol' treble hook and drag it on the bottom.....for 30 or 40 yards downstream....just a thought....

I'm sure the wardens would love that, especially with the spawn going on.

SHigSpeed
04-27-2009, 05:54 PM
"But Mister Warden sir, it's a BARBLESS treble hook!!"

Rich Leonetti
04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd take my chance sweet talking the warden... and the what 100 ticket ...to try to get my 700 bucks worth of gear back.... but yea youre probably right...not my best idea

bonneville54
04-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Had a mishap on the Lower Yuba this weekend and managed to drop a rod while crossing the river.

Rod is a 9 foot 6 weight Sage DS2. Reel is Bauer MSL 2 with a green Rio nymph line and my two fly setup is still attached. I think it was a rubber legs and small nymph dropper. Pink Thingamabobber as well. Reel is pretty beat up. Can't think of much else, hope this is enough to know its mine. No initial or other markings.

If anyone has this or finds it I will certainly pay for the shipping back. I am in Los Gatos, CA.

Easy,

I fish there a lot, so will keep a lookout....where on the river were you? (above or below the bridge?)

easymends
04-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Easy,

I fish there a lot, so will keep a lookout....where on the river were you? (above or below the bridge?)

Thanks. I was above the bridge. My guess is based on the weight of the setup, its slowly rolling along the bottom and the fish are pretty freaked out about a two fly setup attached to a 9 foot pole.

Anyway, I was pissed for awhile but I am over it now. In 9 years of fishing, its the first thing I have lost so I can live with it.

loganmike
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM

That's how Easy usually fishes;)

Except he uses 40lb maxima instead of 20 lb test!
me

medfly
04-28-2009, 11:53 AM
reminds me of a time about 10 years ago when i was wading a bit too deep section of the truckee in the dark to get back to the truck, on tip toes in moderate current, with all bottom pockets of my vest unzipped (wtf was i thinking?), anyways, made it across safely, but with all 4 of my packed to the brim double-sided flyboxes gone and floating to who knows where, man, i still get choked up thinking about it