PDA

View Full Version : The Striper Piper Hits the Delta.... 4/26/09

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Well.... thought we' head out to the delta and try my new Redington Predator that hubby bought me at the expo. Water temps were 65-67 degrees in the main channels. Unfortunately, the top water bite was off, and my frog kept drowning. We forgot to bring the Levitate ](*,) . I guess you always have to leave SOMETHING at home, or it wouldn't be a good fishing trip. At least it wasn't my fins... :lol: ;) .

So, after fighting the drowning frog for too long, we switched to sub-surface Super Minnows.... :D Found a school around Frank's. Hubby and I each caught 6-7 dinks, and I also managed to find a little LMB and a 5 lb'er that REALLY liked my grey/white Super Minnow.:-\", all within about an hour.

Wind kinda came up around 4 pm, but all in all, not a bad day on the delta. It was nice to be down south again... :cool:

Hairstacker
04-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I'll take a bunch of dinks and a 5 lber any day. :D Tell us more about your new rod, how did you like it? What line did you use on it and how was the feel? Did it load well? Just really curious about this new rod series.

Scott V
04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Robin catches one big striper and now she is a fish snob, making fun of catching "dinks". You make me laugh Robin.

wasatch
04-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the report. I have been hitting the delta again lately and keeping my eyes open for you and Paul. Robert

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Robin catches one big striper and now she is a fish snob, making fun of catching "dinks". You make me laugh Robin.

AM NOT.... [-(

Just honest... most would have reported "caught 15 stripes up to 5 lbs..."

That would lead me to believe just a few "dinks" (dinks = less than keeper size), not all but one. :p

... how did you like it? What line did you use on it and how was the feel? Did it load well? Just really curious about this new rod series.

I had my LMB sage line on (the same one I was using on my 8 wt CFR TFO) with an umqua frog (a very used one as hubby was afraid I'd lose it cause I hadn't cast for TW LMB since last fall, and didn't want it to be the brand new one.... :p ) and I have to say I was not overly impressed with it :( . But, to really compare, I'd need to have my 8 wt. TFO set-up with the same line and cast them one after the other. I'll have to get back to you officially on this one...

I WILL say, however, I finally figured out the difference between sub surface LMB and stripes... I caught one right after the other, and there was NO comparison... I'd rather catch the stripe! LOL.